095

"What do you mean she needs to be arrested?" Gray asked the leader angrily, taking a step forward to attack the army. Rae stopped him and shook her head. It must be something involving Lucy. The key. They want the key. Rae gently pushed Laxus's hand away and gave him a smile.

She looked at the army and held out her hands for them, letting them handcuffing her hands. Erza wanted to protest but Rae just gave her a look and told them it's fine. The leader grabbed her shoulder harshly and that angered Laxus."No, Rae, what are you doin-"

Before he could do anything to help the girl, a smoke bomb was thrown to their faces and the army disappeared with Rae. He gritted his teeth in frustration and clenched his fists.

"It's alright. She must have a plan. We must trust her. Rae wouldn't let anyone touch her." Erza calmly assured them but there's a thought flew in her head. Was she doing that to calm Laxus and the rest or to ease her own heart?

__________________

Rae was brought to the castle and she saw everyone from the army was taking places around the castle as if they were guarding it like something serious was happening. She narrowed her eyes. Then, she heard loud crashes sounds in the castle and her heart sank, remembering her sister and daughter.

Bella, minna, are you alright?

She glanced at her surrounding with caution and let out a wince when the leader pushed her forward to keep moving. Carving a smirk on her lips, Rae knocked the leader's head with hers and broke the handcuffs with ease.In a blink of an eye, she teleported inside of the castle.

"Lucy! Haruka!"

Her eyes finally caught those two figures and Rae suppressed a small laugh, seeing them were fine. Her feet dragged her to them and that's when she saw the tip of a shadow sword heading straight to her sister.

"Lucy!" The brown haired girl screamed for her sister as she felt her legs running to save the girl. Her fingers grazed the sword and eventually, it pierced a flesh.

"Rae!"

Her silver eyes widened as she couldn't understand what was happening. Her sister was fine. Rae looked down on her body. She was fine. Then, why did she hear Natsu screaming her name? The brown haired girl touched her cheek as she felt it wet. Blood. There was blood on her cheek.

And it wasn't hers. Her eyes slowly darted on the floor. Another person. There's another person. Rae took a step back as her eyes widened when they caught a brown haired girl who looked exactly like her. She heard Happy screaming her name. But he wasn't talking to her.

He was calling the other girl who was bleeding on the floor.

"Onee-san! Hold on!"

Rae watched her sister calling the other girl, sister. She watched Lucy holding another girl who looked like her in her arms. What is happening? Why is there another me? Why did she look like me? Why is Lucy calling her sister? How can this happen?

"I'm sorry, Lucy. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I tried, believe me, I tried. But I failed. I finally can be with my little sister. She's waiting for me."

The girl in Lucy's arms smiled softly, reaching her hand out to caress Lucy on the cheek. The blonde celestial spirit mage shook her head with tears streaming down from her eyes. Why did she protect the blonde girl?