097

"My Queen, I might have to say, you've gotten heavier now. My body still aches because of carrying you yesterday. Perhaps, I should train you to lose weight?" Ares commented dumbly as he stood back in the corner, watching the brown haired girl getting ready for a party at the castle.

Ares averted his eyes when Rae was only in her undergarments. The girl only rolled her eyes at his remark, finding there's no need to make another comment. Rae slipped on her navy blue satin dress, looking at him in the mirror.

"Why aren't you going back to others? There's no need to stay with me, you know? I'm alright now." The dress fitted her curves perfectly, complimenting the colour of her eyes. She zipped the dress and spun around in front of the mirror. "Tell me how beautiful I am." Rae teased him as she applied light make up on her face.

She held a smirk on her lips, seeing Ares had red tints on his cheeks. Ares just said nothing and walked to her. He actually stayed back because he felt the need to watch over her. She was still recovering and he's scared if the girl will do something reckless again.

Not that he will admit, he cared about her. Ares handed a necklace to her and told her that he will wait outside. "Wait, if you're staying with me, then you might need to change your clothes." Rae pointed at his black robe. Ares narrowed his eyes and told her that he's just her companion, not a guest for the party.

"I don't care. I have to take care of my name and Fairy Tail. Go and change your clothes." The Dark Enchantress spoke firmly and shooed him away with a smirk. She knew he hated dressing up formally. Rae pushed him into a dressing room and closed the door.

The King was kind enough to prepare them rooms to change clothes for the party. Haruka and Bella were with Lucy and others. Releasing a heavy sigh, Rae stared at her figure in the mirror. She could see dark circles under her eyes. Nonetheless, she looked beautiful.

Rae decided to set her brown hair free. "I'm done, your Highness." Ares pushed the door open and held a bored look on his face. Rae turned around and trailed her eyes on him before shrugging. She created a red rose and tucked it in his tux.

He clearly looked dashing but she's not going to say it. Rae patted his chest and walked passed him. "Meh, not bad."

Ares could feel a tick on his head. "What do you mean by that?" He stomped his foot and glared at her back. The demon spirit then stopped his glaring as he found himself blushing. He was just staring at her bare back. Rae held a smirk on her face and made her way on the steps.

She could feel many eyes staring at her and she liked that. Ares gritted his teeth at those hungry wolves and fastened his steps. He got in front of her and knelt down before her, holding his hand out to her. Rae raised an eyebrow at his sudden behaviour, accepting it nonetheless.

They walked hand in hand and the crowd only stared at the pair in awe. Both of them just looked like King and Queen. Ares brought her to her friends with a blank face. "Mama, you look so beautiful!" Rae smiled at her daughter and thanked her.

Haruka was wearing a black dress with a pink ribbon around her waist. She looked lovely. Bella flew to Ares and sat on his shoulder. Not that he minded at all. "Hello, Lady Bella." Rae rolled her eyes at his polite behavior. He was always like that. Being all polite with Bella while rude behind her back.

Gray who was watching the whole time couldn't help but asked the brown haired girl rudely who was the red blackish haired guy. "Gray, meet Ares, my familiar. Ares, this is Gray, an ice mage." Ares just looked at the shirtless man with a side glance, asking who let a pervert in.

Gray laughed awkwardly and gave him evil eyes behind Rae. Rae being the usual evil woman, just ignored the tension and shoved both of them together, saying they had to have a chat. She went to have a drink, feeling lightheaded all of the sudden.