143

"I'm home, kids."

Rae turned the doorknob and she was met with a pillow thrown to her face. "Don't call us kids, idiot." Erik glared at her as he was lying on a sofa. Sorano and Meldy scolded him to be more polite, leaving Richard, Macbeth and Sawyer welcoming her. Seeing them spiralling on sofa and on the floor really gave Rae an image of kids in a kindergarten.

"Have you guys eaten yet?"

"No! Rae-chan, please make us some food. We're hungry!" Meldy grabbed her hand and hung to her like a baby koala. The blonde girl knitted her eyebrows, telling her that she had left some money on the table. They should be able to buy some food with it. Macbeth shook his head, saying they were too lazy to go out.

Rae let out a hopeless sigh and told them to wait a little. She had to take a shower first and as she was passing by, Rae threw the pillow back to Erik, knocking him down while laughing at his knockout face. She walked to her room and found no trace of her blue haired man. He must be stargazing on the hill.

Rae freed her hair and took a shower. Jellal always stargazed at late nights to relax her mind. Somehow, the cold air and the stars in the sky reminded him of her. Always be there for him wherever he was. The girl smiled to herself as the water washed her body. As soon as she finished her shower, she threw on her clothes and headed to the kitchen.

"There are six grown-ups in this house yet, there's no one willing to go out to buy some food. You guys are so hopeless." Rae mumbled under her breath and took out the ingredients of the fridge. Erik narrowed his eyes and exclaimed that he heard her. Richard clasped his hand and offered to help her with something. The girl smiled at him and left the vegetables to him to cut.

In half an hour later, the dinner was finished with everyone's help except Erik who was just sleeping on the sofa. Rae put the food on the table and told them to eat first, having something important to do. Sorano put a hand over her lips and smirked teasingly at her, figuring she was going to find Jellal.

"Yes, I'm going to find him. Now eat, you children." Rae patted her white hair and stuck her tongue out at Erik. She took off her apron and stepped outside, scolding herself internally as she wasn't wearing any jacket. They lived in a house down the hill and the cold air at late night wasn't something good for her.

She teleported to the top of the hill and instantly saw a blue head sitting lying on the grass under a big tree. She was right. He was indeed stargazing. Rae approached him and Jellal looked at his left, smiling. "Hey, welcome home." He motioned his hand at her to come closer and the girl lied down beside him.

"I make dinner. They are eating." She laid on her side and put her head on his shoulder, automatically, his arm wrapped around her body, securing her in his hug. Rae snuggled to him and captured his lips, missing how they tasted on hers. Jellal stretched his neck aside and leaned for more as her hand gripped his robe. "I miss you."

Jellal pulled away and smiled. "I miss you too. So, did you see Haruka and Lucy today?"

Rae nodded her head. She told him about Natsu appeared and defeated Skull Milione, the winner of the Grand Magic Games of this year. He had grown stronger and she felt it. Jellal caressed her arm that was placed over his chest.

Under the stars, their cuddle felt like a little touch of heaven, together, cozy and warm even though in the cold air. She wished she could extend the night just so she could stay close to him longer, safe in his embrace. His arms wrapped right around her, brought a peace she had never known before, a calming of the storms in her heart.

Jellal thought, it's her that gave him hope for the future. With her in his embrace, he started to believe that there was nothing out there to fear, that all there was sunshine, beautiful trees and kind people-friends to be. She was the only medicine he needed, it's like the light in the darkness and a lone star in an otherwise empty sky.