018

"Rae! Loke's gone and left Fairy Tail!" Gray and Lucy barged in her room, looking stressed as ever with Happy trailed behind them. Bella and Rae shared a quick glance and nodded their heads to each other. Rae quickly got up and told Bella to stay with Gray.

The brown haired girl grabbed her leather jacket and took Lucy's hand.

"Wait a minute, onee-san! Where are we going?" Rae ignored the question as she just told her sister to follow her. Lucy gulped, feeling something's off. Loke, where are you? The blonde haired girl ran quickly, trying to keep her breath steady.

"Do you bring your keys?" Rae asked her without glancing back as they just kept running. She heard a yeah from Lucy and bit her lower lip. Then, the brown haired girl teleported them to a place. Lucy looked ahead and saw Loke was there, standing in front of a grave.

"That's Karen Lilica grave." Rae exclaimed as she stared at Loke with a determined face. Lucy asked her what's the relation between Karen, who was once a famous Celestial Wizard and Loke. Rae told her that Loke was indeed the celestial spirit, Leo the Lion.

Lucy glanced back at Loke and headed to him, biting her lip and eventually nodded her head, understanding of what she needed to do. It was all made sense now on why Loke was afraid of her.

"Loke, everyone is searching for you. That's Karen's grave, isn't it? The celestial wizard Karen. Your owner. Spirit Loke. No, your real name is Leo, the Lion."

Loke looked at her, speechless then he looked down, smiling. "You did well to realize I was actually a spirit." Loke smiled softly at her. Lucy shook her head, telling him it was all from Rae. Rae was the one who told her the truth.

Loke let out a gasp and looked behind her, seeing a brown haired girl walking to them.

"Don't you know I have abilities to read people's thoughts and pasts? But I should have noticed it sooner, shouldn't I? After an incident where the owner dies, their contract with the spirit is nullified. Then the spirit is forced back to the spirit world until a new owner appears. Karen died, so the contract should be over, and yet you're here in the human world. For some reason, you can't return to the spirit world, can you? Just as humans can't live in the spirit world, spirits can't live forever in the human world. Your spirit life energy will be slowly drained from you, and finally you will meet your end." Rae explained to Lucy and looked at Loke in eyes.

"Correct me if I'm wrong."

Loke chuckled softly, looking down. "It's already been 3 years. I'm at my limit. I don't have any strength left at all." The Celestial Spirit Mage stared at him with determination on her face. She clenched her fists, telling him that she can help him.

She asked him to just tell her why can't he return and she'll open the gate for him. Loke glanced at the grave with small frown on his face saying he can't be saved.

"What are you saying? At this rate, you're really going to die!"

Rae let out a sigh, ruffling her brown hair. "Lucy, the reason he can't go back is simple. He broke a fundamental rule between owner and spirit. And because of it, he have been banished from the spirit world for all eternity."

Lucy took a step back unconsciously after hearing the words from her sister. Eternity? Loke then admitted it was true. He told them it was his crime and he shall accept it even death.

"As a spirit, I am a traitor. My owner was Karen and with my own hands, I killed her."

Rae crossed her arms, looking at him with a small click sound escaping her lips.

"Spirits who kill their masters cannot return to the spirit world. I will now start to disappear in front of her grave." Loke started to tell them the story when Karen was his master few years ago. Karen was an abusive master to her Celestial Spirit, Aries. She often mistreating and directly hit her.