132

A year had passed and she received no news about Zeref. Every night she would sneak out to go to the forest with a heart full of hope, wishing he would wait for her at their spot. Eventually, she decided that it would be best if she forgot him completely. Two days after their encounter in the forest, Blaire had gone back to Magnolia to do her job as a member of Fairy Tail.

The guild was awesome as usual with there were more people coming to join the guild. They even provided the newbies training session to teach them magic. The townspeople were kind and generous, always sent them food as an appreciation for them.

As expected from the heiress of Heartfilia clan, Blaire had increased the stability of their economic development and Magnolia had became one of the most well-developed ports in Fiore.

Everything was going well except for incoming warning letters from the Council about destruction they made when they were on jobs. Blaire had expected that. With Yuri always behaving recklessly, there's no doubt that he will destroy anything in his way. And Mavis was the victim.

She had to write a lot of apology letters for the troubles he made causing him to be lectured by Warrod and Precht but the three of them just got into a fight. Surprisingly, every day, Blaire would find a rose for her on the step and day by day, she had forgotten Zeref. Though, she's still trying.

She knew that her soon-to-be husband was the one who sent it and it made her heart fluttered to discover that he's thinking about her every day. She never tried to write him a letter because she's scared if he found her annoying and disturbing. To put it in short, she was catching feelings for her fiance.

She still kept the letter with her. Whenever she felt sad, Blaire would read it and unexpectedly, her mind was put at ease. Perhaps, the sincerity in his writing just showed her that he was indeed a good guy. The roses he sent, she would keep it in a huge vase and water it constantly.

She was falling for him and she hoped that she wouldn't be heartbroken as she did with him. She couldn't deny it that somewhere in her heart, there's still a room for him.

Knock, knock.

Blaire Heartfilia was snapped out of her trance and gave the permission for them to come in. She got out of her bed and fixed her robe around her body, checking herself in the mirror. Hisashi opened the door and came to tell her that her father was expecting her at the garden.

The girl nodded and asked her butler to inform her father that she will be taking ten minutes to get ready. Hisashi smiled and shut the door after he stepped out of the room to leave her.

"I wonder what Papa wants to talk about? Is it about him?" Blaire tapped her finger on her chin while roaming her eyes on clothes hanging in the wardrobe.

Settling her silver eyes on a white shirt and jeans, her hands grabbed them and Blaire combed her hair, decided to not tie up her blonde locks. She wore her clothes and tucked in her white shirt then pulling out a white split long sleeve casual cape suit jacket. Puckering her red lips in the mirror, the girl fixed her hair once again and headed to the garden.

As soon as she reached there, her father was watering the flowers while Hisashi and Uncle Kyo, the head of butler, were standing behind him without battling an eyelash. Blaire ran in her boots and apologized to her father for being a little late. Shu waved his hand and put down the watering can before wiping his hands with a towel draped on his shoulder.

"No, it's fine. I'm not in hurry."

He gave her a grin, showing her little wrinkles on his face that were more revealing day by day. He told her to have a sit and Blaire knitted her eyebrows, asking him what did he want to talk about in the early morning. Shu made a face at her impatient expression and told her to calm down.