153

Somewhere with Crime Sorciere, the entire guild was laid defeated by the Wizard King and Jellal lamented him while the others being disgraced by his opponent who walked over to step down on him, wondering why someone who used to worship Zeref decided to face him. Jellal said it was because he had found his light in a blonde girl.

August raised an eyebrow amusedly. He then spilled the beans about Zeref's wife who was called Rae King by them. Jellal could feel the oxygen in his body was sucked out and he was weak. He couldn't believe it. August retorted his claim by stating Zeref had a son with her who was born of great light but was taken away from them which led him to amass power.

And now, he's going to make humans paid for what they did to him, for breaking him apart from his parents. August raised his staff, intending to kill the man but he remembered an order from his Queen, telling him to spare the man as she wanted to play with him later. The old man put down his staff and told Jellal to be grateful for what he had done to him.

And he told him to leave Blaire Heartfilia alone.

Get up! I have to get up! To protect Rae! I need to see her!

"I suspect there's only one who can defeat His Majesty's child, his mother, Her Majesty."

____________________

"Larcade, stop-it. You are-harming your allies-too." Blaire panted softly as her body was getting hot. Her hands clutched Zeref's clothes and he gripped her hands, telling Larcade to stop it immediately. The girl let out a tiny gasp when his hand touched her chest. She put her head on his chest and he held her in his arms.

My apologies, mama.

It's alright, Larcade.

"Zeref, who is August?" She raised her head and looked at her husband. He tilted his head, asking why did she suddenly ask him that. The girl hummed softly, indicating that for somewhat reasons, August had this kind of calming presence, something unusual because he didn't have any relation to her.

He reminded her of someone but she couldn't quite remember it. Emperor Spriggan stroked her back gently, admitting the same but probably because he's his protection guard. Blaire smiled softly, stating that August was just like him. Even though she only met him briefly, she could see his demeanor was among the more cool and stern of those Spriggan 12.

Though he rarely expressed strong emotions, he was calm and wise. He was gentle just like Zeref. The husband made a face at her remarks and asked if she possibly had taken a like on August. Blaire nodded. She liked him. He was nice and real not like others who were just pawn in their games.

"He ran into me by chance when he's a kid and became my disciple. During his childhood, somehow he looked very much like you with his silver eyes resembled yours. I named him August, reminded me of our time we spent together in our marriage life. In the month of August, we lived our most happiest days with our family. With our unborn son."

He put his hand on her stomach and Blaire closed her eyes, remembering the feelings rushed to her heart when her newborn son cried for the first time ever. She still was traumatized by his cries. She didn't even get to kiss him and he was taken away. She wanted their son back. After the incident, Zeref had ordered everyone to find his son but there's none of them succeeded.

Zeref shut his eyes and embraced the girl in his arms, reminiscing the guilt he bore all this time. It's all his fault. "I'm sorry, love for not protecting you good enough. This all happened because of me. Because of my cursed life, they hurt you. They took our son. They took your family. If only I didn't marr-"