128

They stared at Yuri who evidently turned into the blue skeletal dragon, reeking havoc among the town with shocked faces. They couldn't believe their eyes. The Tenrou Jade had possessed his body as a vessel and now, Yuri was out of control.

The evil power took his mind, tried to manifest even more and lodged inside a symbol of evil. Without wasting any time, Blaire hurried to the townspeople and connected her magic to trees to do her a favor. The trees moved and made a tunnel for them, clearing the path and protecting their heads.

"Come, quick, this way!" The trees led them to the forest as at that rate, the town will be crushed into dust.

Mavis ran to the roof of the church and tried to talk to Yuri but he didn't even listen to her. "Mavis, get down from there!" And her silver eyes watched Yuri releasing a breath of fire towards Mavis, whom got saved by Precht before it made contact. Blaire blinked her eyes and breathed out in relief, reprimanding her for her reckless behavior.

The girl pulled her hand and screamed at Mavis to calm down through the terror. They couldn't save Yuri if she acted recklessly. Mavis looked down on her hands in shame and the older girl slapped her forehead, sighing. "Mavis, don't worry. We will save him and Magnolia. I will protect you. But, now, let's find a way to get closer to him." They ducked their heads when Yuri slammed his tail on the buildings.

He was destroying everything. Another fire breath was released and Blaire was thrown to a wall because of its strong force. "Blaire!" Mavis helped her up and the older girl used the tree to climb up on the building. The girls ran to the blue dragon and Mavis created a mass amount of illusory gold coins in order to lure the possessed Yuri towards them. And it worked. "Blaire, I have a plan but I need to get closer to him!"

"Got it." Blaire nodded and pulled her side close to her, taking advantage of the moment to lung upon the Dragon's back swiftly, grasping its body with Mavis still clung to her body. But then, Yuri slammed his body to the buildings to drop them and the blonde beauty wrapped him with roots and vines to make him stayed still.

However, she couldn't hold on much longer. Mavis climbed on his back higher and Zera told her to stop. "Mavis, stop it! The magic that Black Magic wizard taught you, he said it would take you ten years to perfect! You promised you wouldn't use it while you were still a neophyte! He said he didn't know what the consequences would be otherwise!"

Blaire widened her eyes at Zera's words. "Mavis, what magic is it? What did he tell you?"

"Law is an ancient ultra-magic Absolute Judgement spell that helps the good and destroys the evil, according to the user's point of view. I may be able to use it to save Yuri and defeat the evil will of the Tenrou Jade!" Mavis stuttered on her words as she tried to hang on to a vine. That was their only hope. Then, the Dragon moved wildly causing her to lose her grip on him.

Blaire quickly caught her hand and pulled her up, later the younger girl was back on her feet and ran to his head. "Mavis, stop this! We could find another way!"

"No, there isn't other way. If there's a greater than zero chance of saving Yuri, that's what I'll pin my hopes on! I swear I'll rescue him!"

Zera clenched her fists. "Why would you go that far?"

"When you and I were marooned on the island, Blaire helped us and Yuri took us to a wide world! Precht cares about his friends and can be relied on. Warrod is friendly and sets a cheerful mood. I want to have fun memories of our adventures with them! I won't let it end like this!"

"Mavis, stop this immediately!" Blaire screamed for her, begged her to stop as her heart was racing-scared of losing her friend.

"I don't really understand it myself. Why are they so dear to me? To us? It must be because they're friends. So, please, Blaire, Zera, get back! It's dangerous here!"