076

Rae massaged her temple and opened the door. "Rae, where were you?" The brown haired girl let out a huff when she felt a body hugging her. She looked up and saw Jellal.

"I was just going out for a walk. Surprisingly, I met the Twin Dragons from Sabertooth." They pulled away and Rae kissed Jellal on his lips, assuring him that she was alright.

Everyone was already there. "Twin Dragons?" Juvia asked the brown haired girl as Rae took a sit on her bed. Rae nodded her head and told them about those two cocky boys.

"Gehee, just you wait till I got my hands on you!" Gajeel held a smirk on his face. Laxus shook his head and gritted his teeth when Rae explained to them about the Third Generation. Jellal and her shared a look, thinking if they were the mysterious magic.

Then, Rae's eyes caught the clock showing it's already midnight. "Everyone in the guilds who have gathered together for the Grand Magic Games. Good morning!" Everyone lifted their heads when they heard a voice coming from outside.

Jellal quickly covered his face and went to the balcony then his eyes widened at the three-dimensional image. A pumpkin. Rae looked up with her eyes were narrowed. "Beginning now, we're going to take the 113 participating teams and have an elimination round to pare them down to eight!"

An elimination round? We didn't hear about this. And it will suddenly narrow down 113 guilds to eight? They couldn't have notified everyone beforehand about an elimination round? Peculiar behavior. Too many guilds. Mysterious magic power.

Is the sponsor the one we should be suspended of?

Rae looked at Jellal with a certain look. Then, her eyes trailed back to the pumpkin. "Every year the number of participating guilds increases and it was pointed out that the event were getting stale. This year, there will be only eight teams competing in the official games. The elimination rules are simple."

Juvia let out a shriek when their designated inn suddenly moved. It was transforming. Gajeel and Laxus then slumped on the floor and their faces turned blue. Rae looked at other inns and saw them moving as well.

"All of you are going to race each other. The goal is the games arena, Domus Flau. The first eight teams to arrive there will go on." Rae took a step back when a path suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"You're free to use your magic. There are no restrictions. But remember, only the first eight teams to get to the goal will survive this round. However, all five members must arrive together or it doesn't count! And one more thing. We take no responsibility for any lives lost in the labyrinth. The Grand Magic Games elimination round Sky Labyrinth begins!"

Rae looked ahead and saw a huge labyrinth was floating in the sky.

"If this is a race, we better hurry up!" Gajeel slowly got up and was about to ran when Juvia stopped him.

"Wait a minute. He said all five members of the team have to reach the goal together. But first, we need a plan." Juvia stated. Laxus shrugged his shoulders and a small chuckle was released from Rae.

"Let's run way up there first and we'll think a plan later." The brown haired girl jumped over the balcony and the rest quickly trailed after her. Rae looked on her right and saw those two dragon slayers.

"Nope, Fairy Tail will be the first. Demons Rage!" The Dark Enchantress smirked and sent an attack to them. The iron dragon slayer then cheered for the girl, stating that he liked the way she thought. Jellal shook his head with a smile, seeing Rae was so hyped up about these games.