127

"Who is he?"

Yuri narrowed his eyes at the young man who stood too close to the beauty who was still having a red face. Mavis bounced on her feet, asking the girl if he was the one that people called boyfriend, just worsened the situation. Blaire called her name softly and put a finger to her lips, telling her not to talk anymore. She inhaled deeply and told them about her plan.

Without wasting any time, he ended up teaching each of them a specific Magic to use. First, they had to meditate. The group sat around the fire and closed their eyes. "Magic power is necessary to put magic into operation." He wrote something on the tree and the men shouted at him for standing too far away from them. Blaire stifled a laugh and exclaimed that he couldn't get too close to them for some reasons.

The young man explained about materializing the magic power that's inside of them and released it. Mavis nodded her head vigorously and Zera stared at her as if she grew another head. "But we don't have any magic in our bodies!" Yuri crossed his arms and Warrod scolded him to be more polite. The young man noted that, there were a great number of wizards who possessed magic in this world.

To wizards, magic power was the equivalent of life force. So-called Ethernanos were the building blocks of magic power. "Ethernanos are in the air and can be absorbed into the body, and become the person's magic power. Meditation is the most effective means of magic absorption." Blaire interrupted him and asked if she was correct. The girl then blushed and looked away when he was staring at her the whole time.

He was smiling at her and it was a quite sight for her. Mavis and Zera shared a giggle with each other at her friend's red face. Mavis raised her hand. "I understand that. So, is it more you take in, the stronger the magic you can use?" And so, their session went smoothly with continuous glances from Blaire at him who was smirking at her all the time.

After an hour later, he dismissed them, saying they will start practicing magic tomorrow as it was very late. He bid them goodnight and Blaire went after him. "Wait!"

The black haired man turned around with the same smirk on his face. "Yes?"

"Thank you. Thank you for doing this. And goodnight." The blonde girl smiled softly and held his hand in hers. He looked at their intertwined hands and smiled. His hand just perfected hers. They perfected each other just right. He nodded and slowly pulled his hand from hers, already missing the warmness she had for him. Blaire bit her lip and put her hands on her red cheeks, didn't even realize that she had fallen into his trap for a long time.

______________________

Tomorrow morning, they started the training as they promised. Began with meditation, Blaire joined them but she sat at the corner as the girl wanted to stay close to him. He suppressed a chuckle at her and continued watching them meditating-later felt a strong wind blew around her. Everyone gaped at her and not after long, Precht joined her. They had aura around them and Blaire praised Precht causing him to look away.

Day by day, they practiced meditating to absorb Ethernanos in the air and now Blaire was jogging to keep her body in shape. She tied her blonde hair into a bun, wearing a shirt and black pants, and ran three laps around the forest, breathing steadily through her lips-thinking if she could manage her feelings. Her feelings for him just grew bigger and she was scared. She knew she shouldn't but she was tempted by him.

The girl stopped running and proceeded with her martial arts training. She just needed to let it all out. Blaire stood in front of a big rock and punched it hard, imagining it as the Emperor of Spriggan. "If-only-father-didn't-agree-to-him! Then I wouldn't be stuck in this! I don't want to marry you!" Her last punch did break the rock and she breathed heavily.