154

Natsu ran to deliver the first move and Zeref blocked it easily, beginning their second clash. Blaire hugged her body as she was worried about him, ignoring stares from those Fairy Tail members. Zeref had asked her to rest for a while and let her handled him. They traded barbs as Zeref pushed him back and noticed Natsu couldn't beat him without Igneel's power.

"I still have my power."

Blaire perked up as her ears caught a sound of something flying in such incredible speed in the air. She looked at her husband and Zeref nodded his head. His eyes shifted to Natsu. "Natsu, playtime is over, I'm afraid. This is the last chance I'll ever have. I need you to die for humanity's future."

He needed to finish Natsu off fast. Blaire then read Gray others' minds, Mavis had telepathically contacted to tell them to meet her quickly. Natsu's fate was in their hands. Blaire tilted her head and hid the smirk behind her hand at Mavis's carelessness. She had forgotten that Blaire could read it all.

"This is fun, Natsu. If I kill you right here and now, humanity will be doomed. Perhaps, it's the Curse of Contradiction at work? I can hardly make sense of my own feelings."

"I've heard enough of your nonsense." Natsu's eyes then flickered to the blonde girl, asking her to snap out of it. That wasn't her and he pleaded her to remember her family. Blaire looked at him with a cold gaze and Natsu suddenly breathed heavily. The girl raised an eyebrow at him, later felt a familiar magic in the guild.

"Sleep!"

"Who are you?" Natsu gripped his head and turned around to look at the blond guy.

"Papa, mama-I made it in time." Seeing him injured badly, Blaire rushed to Larcade in panic. Her hands touched his face as tears streamed down her face. He just went there to check up on them. The girl quickly cast a healing spell but Larcade shook his head slowly, telling his father to kill the Fire Dragon Slayer quickly while he got a chance.

"Papa? Mama?" Natsu looked at them weirdly as he was struggling to stay awake.

Blaire noticed anger on Zeref's face and told Larcade to speak no more. She cradled his face in her hands and tried to stop him from angering his father. Larcade raised his head to gaze at her silver eyes as a smile crept up on his face. He asked her, why should Zeref get angry with him when he's helping him. The girl begged him to stop.

"Don't interfere."

Her eyes caught rage in Zeref's eyes and before she could stop him, her husband did really raise his hand and blast her son in her arms. Blaire was frozen breathlessly as she watched Larcade gasping in pain right before her eyes. Her hands started to tremble as Zeref attacked him again. "Stop this, Zeref! He's our son!"

"Why, papa?"

"Zeref, stop, please." Blaire wrapped her arms around Larcade to protect him. The blond guy croaked out for him and his mother shook her head. She cried. Zeref clenched his fists, asking his wife why did she protect him. The tears bursted forth like water from a dam, spilling down Larcade's face.

He felt the muscles of his chin trembled like a small child, just like he always did when he was a kid. And, his mother would always be the one to comfort, protect, secure and love him. He didn't care about the pain on his chest. The hatred look on his father's face was hurting him more.

The pain had came in waves, minuted of sobbing broken apart by short pauses for recovering breaths, before hurling him back into the outstretched arms of his ache. He was his son. He shouldn't do this to him. Larcade hid his face in his mother's neck, listening to her crying and pleading to him.

"Zeref, stop. He is Larcade, our child."

"We have no children. We lost our son because of me." Zeref's eyes which were full of grief met her silver eyes. Blaire shook her head.