[One-Shot #28 Ririka] Different Mask; Different Meanings

Requested: N/A

Pairing: Empty Reader

Warnings: Dark themes

Words: 432

Notes: Reader POV

---

I don't want to let go of what I had, but it fell away from my grasp, and I won't be able to get it back. I am a shadow of what I want to be, the uselessness of what I am.

I hid because I'm to scared to show what I truly became underneath the invisible mask I wear. I help her through her crisis while I drowned in mind. A different mask; different meanings.

Blood drips down my face, a mirror shattered, an empty feeling.

She doesn't need me, I am a shadow of myself. A bright smile shouldn't be budern with a fake one -- to corrupt the innocence she holds.

The taste of iron in my mouth.

She would hate me for what I became, an empty being of what I was before - a happy child. What I am no longer.

A squeak of a door, and a gasp echos the room.

She found out, she saw the true me - so hopeless and vulnerable - weak; pathetic. I am worthless, just an empty soul that has been discovered to destroy.

"Y/N?" She called.

I don't need her concern -- her pity. I'm not worth any delegate words to be spoken from her mouth.

I grasp my head, blood soaking betwen the small cracks of my fingers.

Her face was shocked - petrified.

"Don't look at me. I'm not worth it."

She flinches at my words.

"You're worth every moment of my time."

"I am empty. I am nothing important."

"Please, don't day that." She cried.

"The truth is scary." I laughed. "Isn't it, Ririka?"

She winces, her face damp with precious tears.

"But it's not the truth!"

"Are you so sure? Look at me! I am so pathetic, you should be enjoying the word - not worried about little ol' me."

"But I care for you! I love you, Y/N!"

She loves me. She said those words I been needing to hear for so long.

"You love me?"

I let go of my face, the blood calming its rush. My tears gushing down my cheeks.

My heart. It beats for her. I may feel empty, but she makes me feel alive. Something I couldn't achieve on my own.

You don't have to deal with this on your own. You helped me; let me help you."

The mask has cracked, and my true self has been let free from the one I saved.

Now she'll save me.

A former mask; an open soul.

Two hearts now at peace.