[One-Shot #97] Missing

Xlcusive

Yumeko x Depressed!Reader

[Warning: Depression-like themes]

Yumeko has noticed that something was off with you, not that you changing for the better, but becoming distant in an abnormal and alarming rate. You usually run up to her, greeting her with the brightest smile while punching Ryouta on the shoulder to tease him like you always do. You were a trio, while Mary tagged along ever-so-often because she was forced by Yumeko.

Ryouta was thinking you were busy, but Yumeko thought differently to his conclusion. He was worried, due to Yumeko being lost in thought when a week passed and you weren't to be found, he wanted to find you. He has never seen Yumeko this down before, even the thought of gambling wasn't in her mind.

He found you, alone, and he heard Yumeko behind him. He turned around, looking anxious and worried about how this situation would go down. Would she be mad? Happy to see you? Worried out of her mind? All at the same time? He gestured to your figure, and she eyes widen. He didn't know what to think of her expression, it was too conflicted to see what was going on in her mind. She composed herself, and gave Ryouta he stuff.

He didn't say anything, knowing silent was the best answer for her. She walked over to you, your face buried into between your knees. She sat down next to you, touching your arm. You were startled, jumping slightly, you looked at her with puffy eyes and tears dripping down your chin.

"What's wrong?" She asked. "Why haven't you seen there in the morning?"

You closed your eyes, breathing heavily, and couldn't dare to look at her worried expression. You didn't desvere it, you told yourself that too many times to count, but you still were selfish enough to miss her, greatly.

"Look at me," Her voice was angelic to your ears. "Tell me what's wrong. You've been missing for a week."

"Yumeko," You cried, trembling. "I don't deserve you, please stay away from me." Ryouta frowned at your words, waiting patiently for Yumeko to give you the comfort you need. "I -- you don't need me, I'm better off staying away. You don't need me! I'm not needed, so stay away from me! I don't deserve--"

She took your body into her own, hugging her close. She didn't know you wers feeling this way, she thought of you as her friend, maybe even more. She held you as you cried in her arms, Ryouta smiled, knowing that you had help now.

Ryouta walked over. "It's okay now. We are here for you."

"Thank you," You cried. "Thank you."

----

It had been a month, and everything was getting better. Yumeko would make sure that you weren't always alone, running to your side sometimes early in the morning. Ryouta would play with you when you were comfortable in teasing him again.

You walked up to Yumeko, a letter behind your back. You were going to confess to her, this was the time to do it. Ryouta noticed the letter, and smiled, walking away from the both of you.

"Y-Yumeko!" You called.

"Yes, Y/N?"

"I have something for you." You pulled out the gift, bowing. "Will you accept my confession? I have realized my feelings for you after the past month, I understand if you say--"

"I love you." Yumeko said.

You looked up. "H-huh?!"

"I love you, Y/N." She said again.

She took the letter, and kissed your cheek. "Let me walk you home."

"O-okay!"

---

Ryouta fist bumped the air. "Yeah! Yeah!"

"What are you doing?"

Ryouta turned. "Uh, Mary. . ."

"Do I even want to know?"

"Well, um--" He itched his cheek.

"Spit it out, would you?"

"Y/N confessed and Yumeko accepted!" He said.

"Was that it?" Mary said. "Well, good luck to them."

Ryouta smiled. "Yeah, good luck to them."