[One-Shot #30 Rei] New Rules

Requeted: N/A

Pairing: Careless Reader

Warnings: None

Words: 330

---

"You shouldn't be recklessly asking people to gamble you -- do you want to become a random person's pet? Especially to the council?" She hissed, firmly holding you hand. "I can't lose you to those people."

"Relax! I would win against them - piece of cake!" You huffed, shrugging. "I'm not that dumb, I know my boundaries!"

"You don't." She said, bluntly. "If you did, you wouldn't leave this room."

"Stop being so overprotective!" You exclaimed, irritated.

"How can I not - when you get hurt fairly easily doing idiotic things!" She barked. "You can't be so careless!"

"I'm not being careless, I'm having fun!" You snapped back.

"If you aren't going to do this for your well-being do it for me, please?" Rei sighed.

You knew she would never say please, unless she was mocking somebody or actually meant it. You frown at her disappointed expression. "I'm sorry."

"You need to understand, your carelessness of an attitude will get you hurt more than it already had." She said. "You can't be running of -- demanding a gamble -- to people you don't know. We have a purpose here, a mission we are seeking for."

"I understand." You look down. "I'm a liability?"

"Maybe you are, but you can always change that." She said. "Act right."

You knew she meant well, but you still hated the fact that she doesn't sugar-coat her words. "I got it, Rei."

***

"Y/N?" You look up at her.

Her glasses white from the lights' reflections. Her lips firm, and her shoulders tense. "I care for you, don't forget that. This isn't easy for me either."

"I understand. We are in a stressful situation." You sighed. "Can't we just have a day without stressing over this school?"

"We could later - or we could now." She smirked.

"You always find a way to brighten my day."

"You always find a way to break your bones." She teased.

"H-hey!"