If You Really Loved Me Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Anthony... You're the cutest boy in the entire universe."

"Am I?"

"You are."

Anthony kissed Azzie's forehead and said, "I'm sure you're the cutest angel then."

"You couldn't even imagine. I'm not the cutest."

"But you're my angel. Nothing's cuter than that."

Azzie kissed Anthony and smiled.

"I am indeed your angel."

Anthony smiled back to him. Tiredness hung in the human's eyes.

"Tired, Anthony?"

"I am."

"Then go to sleep then, dear. Goodnight."

Anthony drifted off.

When he opened his eyes he was met with a bright light.

"Azzie... Az-"

He gained focus. He was in a hospital. Azzie was no where around.

"Azzie! Where are you?"

A doctor walked in the room. "Anthony, you almost died. You overdosed."

"Azzie? Where is he?"

The doctor said, "He was a hallucination. We found you almost dead beside some train tracks. You are one crazy kid."

"No! I swear he's real! I love him! He's an angel! Where is he? What did you do with him?"

The doctor said, "Anthony, calm down. He does not exist."

Anthony took some deep breaths. "I can't go back home. He was taking me away. The... My family... They're awful. Don't send me back to that place. I never want to go back."

The doctor said, "Yes, uh, about that. Your house has been deemed unfit for a child. You'll be living with your grandmother I believe... At least after you get out of treatment."

Anthony started to cry. "Doctor, could you put me back to sleep? I don't want to be awake."

He pulled his knees to his chest and sobbed.

The doctor said, "Anthony, a councillor will be in shortly," and left the room. He left the door cracked open.

Anthony ripped off all the wires and tubes attached to him. He walked out into the hall and looked around. His eyes met with someone at the end of the hall, standing with an IV drip attached to his arm and no shoes on.

"Azzie," Anthony mumbled.

The figure waved at Anthony.

"Hullo!" he called out.

"Ngh- hey!"

"Uhm... Are- are you lost?"

Anthony walked closer to him. "Nah... Just a bit panicked... You look like someone I know. Uh what's your name."

"Azira Phale. Don't be afraid. I feel like I know you too. You're that demon that was with me. I know you. Your name is Crowley. I was possessed."

"And you're my angel. We ran away together."

At the end of the hall an invisible demon and an invisible angel stood.

"Soulmates, really. It took so much work," Crowley sighed.

Azzie said, "They're perfect for each other though."

Crowley whispered, "Just because we're perfect for each other."

Azzie looked up at Crowley and asked, "Are you finally going to kiss me, handsome devil? That's what you'd do if you really loved me."

Crowley leaned in and said, "Perhaps I will."

Anthony and Azira continued to stare at each other.

"You know... Maybe the doctors are wrong about us," Azira said, "They probably think we're the same."

"What got you stuck in here?"

"Doctors say I've got psychological issues...and then of course I got pneumonia from my days spent in the cold rain. My parents just wanted to get rid of me. They kicked me out. Nobody wants me, really."

A smile tugged at Anthony's lips.

"You know I'm not too beloved myself."

"Oh?"

"And well perhaps we could be... Ya know... Like friends... Especially since I guess I'm going to be stuck here a while."

Azira said, "You know... I think I'd like that."