EPILOGUE-I

Three months later

Feeling kisses all over her chest, neck and cheeks, Samara chuckled to herself at the ticklish feeling. Because they weren't just kisses. They were open-mouthed sloppy kisses and licks at her skin.

Her hands reached for his chest, mumbling, "Why would you lick over my scars? That's disgusting! Not to me, but for you! It's unclean."

Rodwin licked the scars on her neck knowingly, making her laugh at the tickles. He nudged his nose with hers and mumbled, "Good morning, wife "

"Morning, husband." Samara stared at him with goofiness on her face as he rested his head against his palm, while hovering over her fully. His naked back was uncovered as the sheets had fallen down to his torso.

"Remember what the seer said," he murmured while staring at her in adoration. "Early dawn drools can heal them. Does it even look different when I do it during making love to you?"

Samara chuckled at his choice of words. He had told her how he had learned saying it that way from one of their neighbors during an evening walk.

"It does," she told him, honestly. "There's a different kind of greed I feel from you when you do it for the scars. The greed at the night is different."

He sighed heavily, his grey eyes twinkling in love. "I will try anything to make things better even though, everything is perfect even now. But if there's hope, then why not. And it is working, I can see the improvements."

She pecked his lips, looking in his eyes. "Do you have to go to the castle, today?"

"No," he said, making her smile widely. "The boys are taken to the other city for trekking and camps. I have made records and reviews yesterday only. The new Lord Commandant felt impressed and asked me to give a day to my sweet, beautiful and pregnant wife."

Samara blushed heavily and felt him palming her belly. "I must go and ask the butler for morning tea," she whispered while closing his eyes as he was still peppering love on her cheeks and neck.

"No. Stay. It's a holiday and I want another hour with my lady." He said while hugging her to himself, rolling down to her side to stop hovering her. "Do you want me to write a letter to the seer?"

"I am fine for the time being. Martha is like a mother to me. But if I need more help, I would write a letter myself to her. Mother had wrote in the letter, how she would love to come anytime I'd be needing her help."

Rodwin released a huge breathe, making her look at him.

"You still don't trust them. Do you? Even after they spent two nights and didn't dare put an order to the butler or maids, or the Knights. They were humble because they felt ashamed enough," she told him softly.

"I know," he whispered in his early morning hoarse voice. "Just the poison thing is still in my mind. Nathaniel's father denied it in his confession that he didn't bring any poison or mixed it in the juice. Your parents denied it too along with Samuel. I myself don't know what I should conclude from this. I will respect them for they are family. But I won't put my trust in them. I won't put you or our child on any risk," he mumbled while roaming hand on her belly.

Samara sighed heavily. "I understand," she whispered, not being able to say anything as he was right in his own way. "But one thing I never understood," she asked after a moment of silence.

"What?"

"Why Nathaniel didn't become a beast when he tried every way to be so?" She said, looking at the ceiling.

Rodwin curled his lip in blankness. "I don't know. Maybe, just like seer said, Davis was a better choice. And after everything that happened, Nathaniel chose to amend while Davis turned a monster not just by body but by nature too. Nathaniel was less sinful, compared to him. Or who would have the guts to confess that he took lambs to the forest to tempt his inner beast and transform?" He said, chuckling at the imagination. "I wonder if he said any hymns while staring at the lambs."