[20] The Night Is Calm-VII

The full moon had shown her what she had never imagined. Even after hearing about that beast from the seer, from her father, from her brother and now, from the whole village—she couldn't believe it.

But now, she did.

He was there in front of her, above her, hovering as the true predator ready to tear up her throat and lick out the blood that he was lusting for under the full moonlight. No one could survive such disaster.

But Samara did, without any scratch on her skin. It was all possible because of her clever friend or she wouldn't have been alive to lay on her bed again and think peacefully about all of that had happened at the castle.

The King was clever to organize such trap for the beast. If he knew that it was one of those soldiers, the Prince had already narrowed down the list by narrating his own story to the whole kingdom. Now, everyone would doubt those ten soldiers.

But Samara was clueless of all those ten. She might be knowing some of them very well but except for Rodwin she didn't know who was beaten up or who had saved the injured soldier or who was the one to run away. Especially, in which category her brother was there?

Rodwin was there to protect the beaten soldier and the wolf, so there left nine for her to recognize. The other two were Nathaniel and her brother who were out of the hall and Rodwin was confirmed with them being one of ten.

Now, left just seven out of which Logan too had confessed to be one and she couldn't forget Jeffrey who too was out for Samuel in the risky circle. Now, the other five were those soldiers who Samara didn't know very well.

If talk about Davis, he was a mere acquaintance because his father was a good friend of her own father. He was a great competitor of her brother and best friend of Rodwin which was why, he had been in contact with Samara often. But she was not as loose to him as she was with Logan and now, Rodwin.

At the mention of her childhood enemy or she should say, admirer— a nervous smile curved her lips. She hadn't seen him after the function. After they returned home, her brother couldn't stay quiet as he started groaning in utter pain.

For once, Samara had started doubting him as he was writhing in restlessness with sweat covering his body which seemed as similar to what the King had talked about the werewolf in the full moon light. But she was terrified of this little doubt.

Samuel had caught attention in a negative way just because he was out of the hall with Jeffrey and Nathaniel. Were they together or apart or it was a strong coincidence? Samara couldn't decipher.

She decided to talk to him as soon as she could because this was all happening for real. The King was really doubting her brother and she had to support him on every step to save him from any action the King would take.

She closed her eyes with a sigh and felt her heart drowning when those glowing orbs of that beast flashed in her mind. His black fur, his big height, his big claws and deadly canines— he was terrifying.

Shivers crawled her spine and Samara squeezed her eyes shut. She pulled the fur more above her bosoms to her chin and tried to sleep but the incidents from the castle were not leaving her mind.

From argument with Nathaniel, to Rodwin's declaration of love, from her and Violet facing the beast to her brother behaving sick—Samara couldn't rest. She opened her eyes in defeat and screamed which was immediately muffled under Rodwin's big hand as he shushed her.

Samara touched her heart and closed her eyes, feeling her pounding chest. Rodwin slowly removed his hand and let her breathe harshly as she slowly got up and sat to stare in his eyes.