[50] Fearless-I

Samuel ran under the first row of dense trees. He couldn't see much in the dark. But he very well knew that a stupid woman was following him.

"For fuck's sake!" He shouted angrily while turning around. "Would you stop doing this!"

Violet glared at him while panting hard. Her throat had dried. She couldn't breathe. "Jennifer. . . I know her. . . I can help!"

Samuel gritted his teeth. He thought for a moment but then, immediately, a loud howl echoed around the forest.

Violet's eyes widened. All her confidence went down and terror filled her veins. Not again!

"Pick up a stone. Hurry!" Samuel shouted while looking around carefully.

"You too pick up a sharp branch! You are the top Archer!" She shrieked in nervousness.

Samuel glared at her while his heart beating faster in uncertainty.

The beast was out.

"Right! An archer, not a spike thrower."

"A soldier is always familiar with a spike!" She said in disbelief.

.

.

'Oh my love. You are so poor at throwing spikes. I am better than you.' Ida laughed.

'Because you have studied here, been trained here in the castle. I have began training just a year ago when I was recruited.'

Ida looked at him amusingly. 'You just don't like weight. Arrows are lighter than spikes.'

'No. I love my bow,' said Samuel. 'It gives me the great launch to pierce enemy's heart.'

Ida came closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Her blue eyes brightened as she told him, 'Just like you pierced mine. Am I an enemy?'

'Yes.' Samuel smiled, holding her waist. 'After all, you have been Nathaniel's childhood friend.'

Ida laughed wildly.

.

.

Samuel blinked away the flashback from his mind. His heart squeezed at the memory. He missed her. He really missed her.

Flaring his nostrils, he glared at Violet. "Don't tell me what to do!"

Another howl echoed and he immediately pulled Violet towards another row of trees. "Run!" He said, making of them sprint blindly.

Violet looked back as another howl echoed, stumbling over a pebble. Samuel cursed loudly and helped her in getting up.

"Come on! We are not here to get killed! I have to get to Jeffery before he gets framed in all this trap!"

Violet widened her eyes while panting hard. "What if the trap is for you?"

Samuel's glanced at her but kept running.

A loud howl echoed around.

Violet shakily glanced back towards the dense forest. "He sounds hungry for blood."

"And he's going to get it, tonight." Samuel muttered while choking on breaths. "We have to find either any Knight or Jeffery himself! To Lady Maria's land."

"Only if the beast allow us to!" Violet squeaked while holding his hand and running along fast.

.

.

.

_____

.