[31] The Rainy Day

Dark clouds roofed the whole village, ready to pour down the rain of secrets and sorrows.

Standing in the street, she kept her eyes on the front wall that was three steps away. Violet had been waiting for a while and still he hadn't shown up. Why would he always get late? Her doubts on him had increased now.

Stepping away from the muddy path, she rested her side against the wall waiting while thinking of all the times, she had felt something strange in Logan's eyes.

When he had seen the claws, she had seen the worry in his eyes. It could be for himself or the person he knew who had became beast. Also, the way he told her to keep eye on Samuel. It meant that he and Rodwin weren't sure if Samuel was innocent or maybe, Samuel knew something that they didn't want him to reveal.

Moreover, Logan had became the messenger. He had his contacts with all the high lords. He knew all the information and he could easily take care if any proof would go against him. He was just way too clean to be ignored.

Violet knew that she loved this man but her own instincts were confusing her. She was only pushing her strands away when someone snaked their arms around her waist, making her shriek and turn around in shock.

Logan chuckled while looking at her as she rolled her eyes and put hands on her heart, breathing harshly. She came forward and punched his chest while he grabbed her wrists laughing hard. "I was just having fun, Violet. Don't be sad. Now, I am in a hurry. I need to go to Rodwin's house to tell him about today's happenings."

Violet's eyes froze on him. "What happened with the soldiers? Is Samuel fine?"

Logan tilted his head, looking at her. "Yes. Everyone is fine. The King released them. But they'll leave only after full checkup. Their wounds are being noticed and also their own story of the thirteenth night. Nathaniel insulted Samara's name in front of Lord Hampton and Samuel. It wasn't right."

"That shame of a man," she cursed and lowered her eyes in thought but looked back at him, adoring his beautiful brown eyes.

"There is something different that I got to know, today. That I didn't know before." He blinked lightly.

"What is it?" Violet couldn't hold her breaths.

Logan shook his head while recalling, "Do you remember I had told you how Earls' leg was wounded that night?" Violet nodded Immediately.

"It happened while he was running with the other five. He might have gotten apart. Because, today in the court, Jeffery revealed that him and Prince had found him while running towards the tents. His leg was stuck in a trap of branches. It isn't anything related to wolves. But it is not something to ignore. After that, they hid in a nearby old hut. They got back to the tents when they felt the path was clear."

Violet felt her heart beating faster when she caught the hidden clue here. She stared in his eyes while asking, "What do you mean it was just Jeffery and the Prince running away. The most I could remember, Rodwin stayed with the beaten one while you ran away with Jeffery and the Prince. Where were you when they found Earl?"

Logan opened his mouth in shock as he stared at her. His eyes slowly turned soft as he described quietly, "I too had gotten away from them because one wolf was clear on chasing me only. I could barely keep running."

Violet gulped while Logan held her hands, snaking them up to hold her waist. He leaned closer that their noses were about to touch. Violet lowered her gaze, breathing harshly.

"The wolf had growled after me, making me stumble in my steps. I fell down, scratching my cheek, crawling ahead when knowing the wolf is now walking behind me as the true predator," he murmured on her lips.