[17] The Night Is Young-IV

The King's arrangement was something that Logan was appreciating so much. He had ordered for extinguishing some of the torches that were lit to illuminate extra light which wasn't needed when they had big chandeliers all over the roof, filled with so many candles.

Now, that half the torches were gone, the hall was filled with the mixture of yellowish light glowing the tan faces of all the soldiers and the full moon light embracing the youth of the ladies that were entertaining their eyes perfectly.

He walked slowly through the corner, away from the crowd of slow dancers. Moreover, he was now tired of being interrupted by Erasmus whenever he was trying to tell Violet about his strong emotions for her. Even focusing on those ten soldiers only, was more beneficial.

He knew that the King was worried about finding the beast but with this way, he didn't know if they would really find him. They should have searched the woods, dens rather then risking their own lives in this hall. The King should have simply lined up those ten soldiers and could have his seers check them from head to toe, mind to heart and by every other means, instead of just keeping eyes on them and letting them roam freely in the crowd.

Being the only one of those ten soldiers who knew how the King had his special eyes on these ten soldiers only, he was worried. It was obvious how he wasn't the beast. He knew himself and had learned more from the continuous discussion he had heard about the Werewolf.

His messenger duty had helped him in conversing with Erasmus and even the seers with which by now, he would have easily known if he was the wanted beast.

But he wasn't. There were no signs. There was no change.

He wasn't even injured in the war and all he had, was internal pain in his shoulder from a minor attack during the war. But he knew it wasn't healing any time soon like it should if he was the beast. Moreover, he couldn't see any change in his behavior.

He was as charming as he was and as better as he had to be after achieving a post in the council. He mentally smiled and breathed out.

He didn't have to worry because he was sure that it wasn't him. Erasmus knew this and that was why, the boy trusted him enough to share the King's reports with him.

He was almost passing the big windows that would lead to balconies and halted when he saw his woman standing there, peeking through the window at something. He chuckled and walked to her.

She gasped just as he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. His heart warmed up and was leaning to give a kiss on her cheek when his eyes watched the sight through the window.

The much awaited couple at the balcony.

Both were lost in each other's eyes while they swayed slowly along the music, under the moon light. If that wasn't enough proof that both the childhood enemies had finally recognized their hatred-coated love, Rodwin kissed Samara on her lips possessively, stealing the daylights out of her as she gasped and chuckled.

"Rivals turned romantics," he commented, making Violet giggle as she nodded. He couldn't describe how happy he was for his best mate who was more than brother to him.

"But what of Nathaniel, now?"

He scoffed and roamed his nose down her neck, "Who cares? Those who have this unbreakable bond, cannot stay apart for long."

He noticed her eyebrows raising as she looked at him amusingly. "But the King can keep them apart. Whenever he wants," she complained playfully while Logan felt the genuine guilt.

"Forgive me, love. But the King is very serious in searching the beast. This is all because of the murders which happened in our village," he told her truthfully.