[68] The Final Howls-II

Strict Warning: There is a PG 18 scene. (If you are under 18 and still try to read it, first of all, that's bad manners. Kindly practise integrity. If you'll still go for it, then please avoid Samara and Rodwin's scene. Love ya.

_________________________________________

Samara stared up at the wooden ceiling while trying to control a goofy smile.

A snicker would come from Rodwin and make her chuckle immediately. It would end up making both of them laugh wholeheartedly.

"Rodwin, stop!" Samara laughed as he sighed again dreamily.

"I can die peacefully. No, not dying. Not without more fucks till eternity. I want this every night. . ." He laughed again, making her close her eyes in shyness. His laughter calmed down as he sighed and raised his elbow, resting his head against his palm. He observed her scarlet cheeks.

"What are you thinking?" He asked her quietly.

The thunder rang loudly, making her open eyes. "About whatever you told me about the War nights. If that is the exposure you got with wolves, then it was surely more than the others. But you only tried to survive that situation. You didn't do anything knowingly. Not anything bad."

His hand reached for her cheek as he caressed slightly. "Never knew you would believe in me so much even though I knew, I will make it happen," he whispered softly.

Samara blinked slowly, looking in his grey orbs. Cupping his cheek, she rubbed her knuckles against the shaved jawline. "I love you, Rodwin."

He smiled, staring at her. "At one time during the War, Lord Commandant send me with the front liners. We had to cover up the archers who were sent to attack ahead. One of the attackers hit the back of his sword on my temple. For a moment, everything turned black. Then, I saw him reversing his sword and readying his stance to pierce my heart."

Samara gulped, observing his glassy eyes. "What happened then?"

Rodwin breathed slowly. "Nathaniel came for my help. He had hit the man with an arrow."

Samara lowered her eyes down to his lips. That was the last name she would want to hear after making love to Rodwin.

"Then, the thirteenth night, I picked up his passed out body without any thought. He was brutally beaten. Your brother was saved at the mercy of wolves who arrived hurriedly before Nathaniel's friends could lynch him. Jeffery was quite concerned when he entered our tent, asking us to accompany him to look for Samuel."

Samara breathed erratically.

Rodwin rubbed his thumb over her lips, remembering the night. "Jeffery had eavesdropped on some vulgar conversation that Nathaniel's friends' were having about all the soldiers' sisters. He further told Samuel who was already filled with many points. The water had risen up to his head."

Samara shivered slightly when thunder rang again. "What do you want to conclude, Rodwin?"

He shook his head, looking far at the floor. "That whatever happens, it does for a reason. But why did the War happen? So, we all could have such pieces of horror and terror with us for our lives. But I am astonished that I got to help Nathaniel in return for that little favour."

"What if the wolves were just ghosts?" Samara said slowly.

Rodwin rolled his eyes, sighing heavily. "Now, don't go there. That's something foolish because they were real. Nathaniel's wound has healed like a click of fingers. Enough that he keeps a knife in the boot he wears on that same leg, you see."