[6] Ignore the howls

Samara swallowed as the seer stared at her with those judgemental eyes. She lowered her eyes and felt her face turning red.

"I want to be pure-hearted, Aunt Gilda. I am ashamed of my dirty thoughts. I want to be peaceful--- without any shame," she said softly.

The lady smiled at her making her gulp. "You are a beautiful person, Samara. You don't have to fear. Those dirty thoughts are just interpretation of your desire and it is common to desire someone in your age," she answered.

Samara blushed and bit her lip. "I surely love him, Aunt Gilda. But I don't think I feel for something so intimate."

The lady laughed making her squirm more. "You are such a sweet bird, Samara. Do not worry. You are young and pure. Your heart acknowledges the kindness. Beauty. Desire. Do not think of yourself as a sinner to think like that," she explained.

Samara swallowed and breathed out. "Do you think he loves me too?"

The lady leaned closer and looked at her with her light brown eyes. "Your heart knows the truth, Samara. You already know if he loves you."

'You know I desire more than just your body, Samara. You know that I desire your heart too.'

Her stomach churned at recalling those words of Rodwin. She was actually imagining Nathaniel but since she had returned from his home, this words were revolving around her mind.

She sighed dejectedly. Only if that man had some sense and kindness, she wouldn't have pushed him. But then, it was Nathaniel her heart called for.

The person whom everyone loved. The person whom everyone adored. He was an obedient son, an efficient soldier and a great lover.

She knew that she could see a great husband in him too. She just wished that her brother would get betrothed too so she could get bonded to Nathaniel. Then, Rodwin won't be able to disturb her anymore with his strange words and stupid actions.

She smiled to herself and nodded at the lady. Pressing her hand on the floor, she tried to get up while speaking,"I shall go then. Mother would be worried. . . " She gasped as suddenly her vein on the wrist jolted in pain.

It made her lose the balance and she held on the lady's forearm to keep herself stable. She was about to apologise for sudden disturbance but was shocked when the seer's eyes rolled upwards.

She gasped and saw the lady covering her hand on her forearm, tightly. The muscles on the lady's face stretched and she tried hard to breathe.

Samara whimpered frighteningly and was about to touch the lady's face but was frozen when she saw her head shaking and a foam of saliva leaked from her mouth.

"The village is endangered. The beast has arrived. No one has beaten him. No one has survived," she spoke in a wailing voice.

Goosebumps raised on Samara's arm as she stared at the lady in shock. She had heard about this power of the village seer but never witnessed. Now, witnessing it had seriously frozen her heart with terror.

The lady's face raised to look up at the ceiling but Samara could see how her eyes were scarily rolled back. Her heart thumped loudly in horror as the lady laughed.

"The howl shakes the hearts, see how his moon grins," The lady tightened her hold and laughed scarily. "One is dead and the other, the massacre begins."

Samara's lip trembled in fright as she tried to free her wrist. The whole hut was empty except for this scary lady and her. She just wanted to run away. She was already affected by Rodwin's words and now, this lady had scarred her for nights.