[41] The Tale Needs To End-I

Women were filling the water in their household pots, where he had washed the blood off his dagger last night.

Samara looked carefully around the muddy mess that always would happen when the well would get busy. No one could see the red that she had seen last night.

She peeked for once inside the well, finding nothing but clean water they all relied on.

". . . Congratulations! Samara."

She jumped up and turned around to smile at a woman in her neighborhood. "Your mother sent us sweets this morning. You are betrothed to Rodwin, what could be a good news than this?"

Samara smiled when other women wished her the same too. She looked around and gulped when they asked her to show her ring.

She raised her hand, showing them the ring. "It's his mother's."

They all awed at the sight and blessed her with beautiful compliments. Some said that she was lucky to have such a muscular man to protect her all time. Some said that his love for her was always visible in his eyes.

She smiled at their words and brought her home the pot filled with water. The same water that Nathaniel had used to clean his knife, last night.

Getting out of the kitchen, a knock appeared on their door. Samara looked back in the backyard, seeing her mother washing clothes with warm water. She shook her head, how days ago she was sick and now she couldn't just give herself some leisure to stay well.

"Samara!"

She raised her eyebrows, walking towards the door to open it quietly.

"Violet," whispered Samara with eyes full of curiosity. "You won't believe what happened."

Violet glanced at her ring and teased, "I know everything. The women are all talking about it."

"No," Samara smiled lowly. "That is some good news. By God's grace, I am this close to become his wife any soon."

Violet nodded in amusement while sitting on a chair of their dining table.

"But," Samara's smile faded. "I saw Nathaniel last night."

Her feet turned cold, Violet asked immediately. "With a lamb again?"

Samara glanced back at her mother from far and gestured for Violet to follow to her bedroom. Reaching there, Samara closed the door and told Violet everything about Nathaniel's adventure and Pylas's story too.

Violet was fascinated with Pylas and at the same time angry at Nathaniel.

"We should already claim him as the beast. Who dares to invade the only place that is forbidden at night? He goes with a goat. He wants to lure the beast. He is not some wizard to come back alive every night. There is something happening," said Violet while clenching her jaws.

Samara nodded while shaking her head. "Maybe, the blood was of the goat. He must have cut it this time to serve the meat directly."

"What difference would the dead meat do to the scenario?" Violet argued, holding her head. "He is so sick in the head to do that every night. I can't dare to get out of even my bed at night."

Samara could relate very well when she herself was suffering the horrors last night.

"Father has gone to the castle, this morning. He said, he will stay there tonight as the King is planning something."

Samara gasped, "That means, my father, Samuel and Rodwin will stay there too?"

Violet shook her head. "I don't know. But I am glad, some work is in progress. At least, they are all trying to think."