[64] Well Wishers

The seer smiled while taking the folded clothes towards the cupboard in the room.

"How have you been?" Jeffery asked while looking at his sister. "The house is all silent without your chatters."

Jennifer gave him a small smile. "I don't even talk that much. You are the one who talks the most," she said softly in a shaky voice.

"Then, I miss those little amount of words that you manage to speak." Jeffery said, teasing her.

"She will be fine very soon. The wounds are getting closed. The pain is fading," said the seer while sitting on the chair on the other side of the bed.

Jeffery was sitting on the another side. He got up from the chair and looked around the room. "This must be refuge to her. She likes to be alone and silent, most of the times."

Jennifer smiled to herself.

"Well, then she really might have enjoyed my company. I was here half of the times," said the seer with a chuckle.

Jeffery's smile faded as he asked, "Is Davis improving too?"

"I am no witch with magical powers. My devotion show me the paths," said the seer. "But I had learnt quite the lessons from Samuel recovery. The arrow holes. Considering the same moments, I treated Davis the same way. His wound is not closed properly. But he is fighting it."

"Hope, he gets well soon too." Jeffery mumbled in mockery.

"Brother?"

He looked at his sister immediately, nodding in curiosity.

Jennifer breathed slowly. She was laid on the bed peacefully but her face held worry. "Davis told us that he saw you going towards the forest even before the evening darkened."

Jeffery's mouth opened while he glanced at the seer. He scratched his head with an embarrassing smile on his face.

"I left home to look for a girl I met few days ago. Her father bakes bread. She had bumped into me one time in the fields. In the hope of meeting her again, I had left. I returned home and saw father worrying about your absence. That's when I left the home again. . ."

The seer nodded. "What was the girl's name?"

Jeffery squirmed a little as it was a first for him. He didn't have any fun with woman in his life yet. "Lizzie, she told me."

Jennifer sighed in relief. "I know her. Her mother is a maid at Lady Maria's bungalow."

Jeffery smiled tightly. "So, Davis was trying to change your minds? What else did he say? Is that of a man he is? To manipulate you behind my back?"

"First! You will have to tell your best mate to become a man!" Came the loud voice from the hall room.

All of them looked at the door as Violet came inside and gritted her teeth. She removed her cloak and hanged it on the nail on the wall.

"My best mate? Samuel?" Jeffery asked actively. "What happened!"

Violet nodded in fury. "He has gone mad. His parents have gone mad. What else! They hit Samara. After what happened with Rodwin yesterday, they thought that it was better to break relations with him. When Samara refused to do so, they slap her twice. They snatch her ring!" She said angrily.

Jeffery was shocked while Jennifer was staring at Violet in amazement.

The seer tried to calm the angry young lady down by saying, "Samara had gone just an hour ago. She was here to meet me. She is marrying Rodwin tomorrow."