[13] The Winner

The Prince stared at his glass with a smirk on his handsome face.

"I remember how I was ready with my sword and went outside, ready to kill the deadly animal which was known for being one of the deadly beings living in the barren village, Sherfield."

Violet breathed out while holding Samara's elbow as even the King had leaned ahead to hear more clearly. The Prince looked back at the crowd, his eyes falling on Nathaniel. "Instead I heard distant voices of men. Young men. I followed them until I found the pond. But I was sane enough to observe the view first and listened to their very heated discussion. I was disappointed as the argument was too sick to be discussed on the grounds of War, especially when those men were in same army."

Samuel lowered his eyes when the Prince looked at him. He looked up at him back when he had started getting down from the stairs in front of the King's throne.

"The discussion turned into a furious fight and one of the six men was beaten that he got unconscious. But that wasn't enough. The men weren't done. They wanted to do more. This irked me and I got ready to use my power to save that man. But night couldn't end for me so soon."

He walked ahead and smiled at Ida who was holding her father's elbow. She smiled back nervously and almost blushed. "I heard the howls for the second time that night," he exclaimed.

Samara raised her eyebrows as she too held Violet's hand.

"Then came three deadly wolves, all of a sudden. The predators who can rip your throats in a blink, lick your blood and howl at the moon in victory. They walked towards the men, making them silent. I had wondered how my new Soldiers would behave. But I didn't have to. Because they were so brilliant at what they did." The Prince smirked at Logan who was looking blankly at him.

"They ran."

Everyone laughed while the environment turned serious again when the Prince continued, "I don't know which fairy came to their rescue, which wolf got their mate-wolf in the way that I had seen those six men in the tent the next hour when I had returned back. All safe and secured."

"Weren't they seven?" Violet whispered and gasped when the Prince looked at her and nodded.

"Yes, they were. But became six when the beaten one was left there only to be eaten by wolves." Violet gulped and shuddered at the confusion about how Prince was able to hear her. Maybe, he had read her lips.

The next, his eyes laid on Samara who was holding a blank face. The Prince narrowed his eyes with a side smile on his face, "I threw my sword at one of the wolves, to have the predator dead then and there. The other two ran away to follow the six soldiers."

"My heart cried out at the thought of not saving the helpless man who was by the pond, unaware of the death lingering around him." Samuel's lips parted and he watched as the Prince turned around by giving his sister a last look.

"I decided to help the injured soldier before the wolves could come back. Just as I thought about jumping from the tree, I stopped myself when I saw three new soldiers of my army coming at the scene to rescue the beaten one. I haven't really seen them together with the beaten one but yes, those three came forward to pick up his body."

"One of them looked around and the second one checked the wolf I had killed," Samara watched as her father looked shock. She knew how he must be thinking so low for not knowing about this. He was always keen on knowing everything that's happening around him.

The Prince chuckled to himself a little. "Well, the third one is interesting. He walked to the body and checked his breaths. Yes, the boy was alive so he tried to pick him up and I was amazed how he did it effortlessly. But how much efforts were lost when the wolves arrived all of a sudden to get their brother's dead body back or the prey they had in their fist now."