[36] On The Ground-II

He actioned for Jeffrey to come closer.

Jeffrey didn't like it but he did the attack and wrestled with his whole might.

"Come on, mate." Samuel yelled, fisting his hands.

"Nathan! Nathan!" Earl and Preston encouraged. "Make him lick the sand."

Nathaniel smirked while turning his arms and turning himself, confusing Jeffrey who immediately readied himself and fought hard. Nathaniel tried to flip him but he was equally stronger and smarter. There was a moment when Jeffrey had dragged Nathaniel near the boundary of the pitch. Samuel hooted wildly.

Violet widened her eyes in amazement while Samara didn't know how to feel.

The hooting had irked Nathaniel who immediately twisted his legs and kicked Jeffery on the face. It made him stagger back.

"Wrestle, no extra movements!" The leader warned.

Lord Commandant shifted on his seat, his eyes narrowing at his son.

Jeffery touched his lips and realized one had busted. There was blood on his fingers. He looked at Nathaniel who had gotten up and was standing while throwing glare at him.

"You fucker," Jeffery muttered while running towards him, pushing him hard on chest.

Nathaniel was pushed down but he fought hard not to get defeated. He immediately twisted Jeffery's arm by pushing his weight to make him groan angrily.

Nathaniel managed to sneer through the struggle. "Come on, blacksmith."

Samuel's jaws clenched.

Jeffery was breathing harshly, his face had turned red. Everyone held their breaths when Nathaniel flipped both of them and locked Jeffery in a strong hold.

The leader waited for Jeffrey to move while counting but he couldn't move. The drum was beaten and hoots echoed around. Jeffery panted while getting up as Nathaniel moved away from him.

Jeffrey look disappointed at himself. He wiped his mouth that was still bleeding and dusted his pants. He walked towards his seat beside Samuel who patted his back with a tight smile.

"You did well," Samuel told him, making him nod and wipe his mouth. Someone offered him a spare cloth to block the blood.

Samara was watching quietly.

"In licking the sand," muttered Nathaniel with a smirk while dusting his own pants.

A fire formed in Samuel's heart. He looked around and saw some of the followers enjoying the show. "While you are good at licking blood," said Samuel, stunning everyone. "You didn't have to put that much effort. A growl must have made you win."

Samara covered her mouth worriedly.

"Mind your tongue, Hampton. Of all, you are the biggest suspect. Count your days. Fight and show your value. Maybe, you'll be remembered for some silly things before they burn the wolf inside you. The whole of you." Nathaniel smirked humorlessly and was about to sit when Samuel stood up.

"I have shown my value by taking those arrows. And if not everyone, you'll remember me for sure. You didn't forget the beating you got the thirteenth night. Do you?" Samuel said while glaring at him.