[45] The Trap

Walking alone in the dark night didn't feel alone at all when thunder kept warning her repeatedly.

Violet gulped greedily while rushing her steps. She needed to reach the colony before it would start pouring heavily. Twitching her lips, she remembered leaving the book on her bed. She wished that her parents won't get awake any soon and find it.

Even if they would, there wasn't any problem. Because she had read the backstory of Pylas. He was murdered by the wolves in return for that treasure. The man who had left that treasure wanted revenge for his family's deaths and put that deal on the wolves.

She gasped while walking continuously.

Did it mean that Pylas had became a werewolf and was killing the people?

She needed to tell about this to Samara and Logan any soon. She was sure, they would help her find out more about this mystery.

For now, they just needed to hurt that monster by luring him using their scents.

The cloud growled above as if warning her to not walk towards her death. But the silver knife in her pocket was keeping her blood warm. It wasn't as big as a dagger but she knew that she could hurt that beast. She had thought about it hard.

The memories of the night when the Werewolf had stalked her came back rushing to her mind. It was all getting same with rain turning heavy slowly. The same kind of mud, the same dark night, the same thunder and the same lightening.

She just had to reach Samara's home and they could make it possible.

That night was lucky for Logan had saved her from the monster. But the God of death won't give chances all the times. She was surely putting her life at risk but then, this mystery needed to be over.

Besides, she felt a thrill in her blood while thinking about the finding out the soldier who was bitten.

Turning towards the left, Violet covered her face properly to avoid getting hit from thick droplets. She had passed her colony which contained mostly small houses with barely a backyard. Now, Samara's colony was just a street away.

She walked quietly with the moonlight guiding her. A thunder rang loud in the sky startling her. Violet took a long breathe and continued walking.

But it was a small pit on that path where her foot had stuck, making her fall on to the thick mud.

"God! No. No. No!" She whisper-shrieked while searching the knife in her pocket. Thankfully, it was still there while she was drenched in mud and with her left side completely pasted to the path.

Groaning in disgust, she felt pain on her left side, rubbing the knee and elbow. Putting hands on the path carefully, she tried to get up when all of a sudden she heard something.

Her blood ran cold.

Violet stopped in her tracks and didn't move, trying to recognize the growl. Turning around her head, a sigh of relief escaped her mouth at seeing a stray dog wagging his tail while looking at her.

The dog kept staring at her until it decided to walk away from her towards another street. Violet sighed while putting firm steps towards the corner of the street and taking a breathe.

She was only wiping the mud off her cloak when someone grabbed her both wrists and pushed her hard against the wall.

The sanity left her mind while her heart thumped in fright. A scream was halfway her throat when the man cupped her mouth with his big hand, making her look-sideways. She tried hard to see the face while struggling in the hold.