[35] On The Ground-I

Both walked quietly, traumatized from last night's events. Fortunately, it was a sunny day. The mud had dried and the morning was lovely.

Violet looked at Samara who was awfully quiet this morning. "Did something happen?"

"I saw the beast last night," Samara answered blankly.

Violet froze. "Oh my! Same happened with me. I saw the beast too. But how did you. . .," she was terrified from the memory of the beast.

Samara was shocked but her mood was still as sour from last night's talk about Nathaniel. She loved Rodwin. How Nathaniel had been with her, shouldn't even matter now. But she still was hurt. She was disappointed at herself for wasting so much time with him. Giving a man like him the power to hurt her, to ashame her brother and father.

"He was in the balcony. I ran inside. Just then, father and Samuel had arrived."

Violet nodded in surprise but Samara's blank face was now irritating her. "Even then you are upset. In my case, the beast chased me. If Logan hadn't saved me, I wouldn't be alive today." She smiled nervously. "I am so grateful, he came on time to save me or I would have died."

Samara felt relief settling in her heart. "Does that mean, Logan is not the beast?" She looked at her friend. "But if beast was out, someone must have died."

Violet was gulping in nervousness. "No news came. No one died. Please, we are going to watch the matches. It is something we will enjoy and at the same time, observe many things. But I won't be able to do anything if we'll talk about last night's events. And you need to smile." She huffed.

Samara's lips parted. "I will smile when I am supposed to."

The path full of dust had begun. The huts are left behind and only the rows of bushes were keeping them apart from the training ground.

"The sight of Rodwin will make you smile." Violet mumbled while glancing at her. A laugh escaped her when she saw Samara's lips pressing tight as she tried to hide her blush.

"Even his name is enough to cheer you up. Well, I can't wait to see my Logan shirtless, fighting and sweating. I will cheer up only then," said Violet while correcting her braid and chuckling. "But you might faint at seeing a shirtless Rodwin."

Samara remembered the evening when she had brought dinner for Lester's. Yes, he was shirtless, burning that omelette and looking innocent and attractive at the same time. She bit her lip, admitting that she would be deeply hypnotized.

They had reached the end of the bushes. It was the way that Logan had suggested would be convenient for them. Otherwise, anyone could see them.

"We need to hide in those bushes. There's a green-colored cloth tied with iron wires to hide the happenings in the ground. We can see through them," guided Violet.

Samara didn't want to do this anymore. "What if some snake is in there or some squirrel? I might get startled and would end up screaming," she said while shaking her head.

"Come on, Samara. It can be a sweet little rabbit too," said Violet. "But honestly, I am in the mood to watch those lions wrestle and in between the hidden King, the Wolf."

Samara wiped the sweat off her mouth. "What if we get caught?"

"What worse could happen? Logan said that there is restricting rope ten metres away from that cloth. So, no one would hear or see us."