[71] The Final Howls-V

Rodwin raised his hands, taking the stance with blood in his eyes.

"This massacre, it's happening because of you!" He yelled angrily while clutching the sword tight. "You will get your punishment, and my father, the peace!"

He let out a loud cry of vengeance while lowering down the sword harshly.

Immediately, two arms wrapped around his torso, unbalancing him. Rodwin resisted and fought while still pointing the sword. But the two men had already pulled him back.

He saw two Royal knights rushing towards the beaten Commandant.

"No! He is mine to kill! I will kill him! He killed my father! Let me kill him! No!" Rodwin roared angrily while elbowing the men who was holding him.

"Rodwin! Don't be mad! You can't have blood on your hands! Killing him would never bring your father the peace! Would it? Tell me!" Nathaniel yelled in his ear, making him halt in shock.

Rodwin widened his eyes with tears forming in them. He panted hard while staring at the Royal Knights cuffing and chaining the old man.

"The King will do the justice. He has been caught red-handed! The Knights heard his confession from the other room! You have had your share of torturing him! But you can't kill him! The justice will do!" Nathaniel said while blocking his arms tight and looking at him pleadingly. "You don't want to be called his murderer. Do you? For Samara, leave him be! You will get the justice! I swear!"

"I don't believe you!" Rodwin yelled while elbowing him on the stomach.

Nathaniel staggered back and groaned. He looked at him. "Why would I let you torture my father otherwise? I saw the madness in his eyes when the King sent a scroll up in the morning. It was a summon. They were about to rip the duties off him because his acts were caught, given yours and Logan's proofs. Also, Lady Hopper submitted her confessions too to the royal court! They ripped him off his duties! The very rank! He was traumatized and avenged the insult by going for your father! I swear I didn't know he would killing your father! I asked Earl to follow him while I here invited the Knights hurriedly since the evening. My father was out from the evening! He was looking for a chance!"

Rodwin widened his eyes and let out a shaky gasp. "The chance," he whispered while remembering how him and Samara left his father alone at home.

"I am sorry for your father, Rodwin." Nathaniel choked out with tears in his eyes. "My father was no father. But your father was. I am so sorry."

The Knights took Lord Commandant out of the room while Rodwin tried to understand everything.

"Earl told me, he did this. Otherwise, I thought it was the wolf. For a moment, I thought, you are the wolf and he is the murderer. All the way to here I kept thinking that you father-son have planned some massacre." Rodwin told him absentmindedly.

"Nothing was planned. It happened on spot. You told me to amend things. I tried," said Nathaniel while looking him in shame.

"But I still don't believe you! I will go with the Knights!" Rodwin yelled while running out of the room and rushing towards the carriage standing out of the grand house.

Nathaniel caught up with him with wide eyes. He held on to his arm and pleaded. "Do you not realize that this could be dangerous? The villagers might blame you for killing your father as you are absent! Some might accuse Samara too! You need to go back there to your father's body, Rodwin. You need to take care of Samara!"

Rodwin gritted his teeth with tear-filled eyes. He saw the carriage walking away with six knights riding ahead and after it.

Nathaniel nodded while squeezing his shoulder. "Don't waste time, Rodwin. The beast is out. Don't you hear the faint howls. They are less audible from here but you can hear them!"