[42] The Tale Needs To End-II

The silent air waved the large curtains of the throne room, creating an intense environment for the attendees.

The King stared at the large window, noticing how each morning was bringing more tension with no news of catching the beast.

The soldiers under the doubts were all called, along with the reputed Knights to witness the last discussion on this subject.

Lord Commandant moved his gaze all around the soldiers, his jaw ticking at the sight of Nathaniel standing in the middle, facing the Prince who was walking on the stage where the throne was, from left to right, observing each one of them.

"A fortnight has passed and the most dearest village of our nation is still unsafe at the mercy of that Werewolf," said the Prince, loudly.

His white suit paired with tight breeches of same color, with sword enhancing his aura, made him look intimidating.

He faced the soldiers, narrowing his eyes. "The night of full moon, I had told that story not to entertain the villagers. I had told that story to let everyone know the kindness and bravery performed by some of the soldiers out of you all."

Logan stood straight in his arm while watching the King frowning from the corner of his eyes.

Erasmus stood with the three more volunteers, glaring at the soldiers.

Samuel glanced at his father who nodded at him, unnoticed by everyone.

The Prince took a long breathe before looking at each of their faces.

"I remember each and every moment of that night I had witnessed. I know which one of you hit first and which one of you stayed in the forest the last." The Prince said while counting the numbers, "One of you has already died before the end of the war. Now, nine of you are trying to make fun of the lightness we showed towards your breaking of rules to enter the forest when it was forbidden, completely."

The Prince glanced at the Lord Commandant who nodded and stood ahead.

"During the trainings before we were supposed to leave for the War, it was clearly directed to each one of you how Sherfield has been known as the ghost town from centuries. You were all warned not to leave the tents at night since Burnsleinian Army could have taken advantage of wolf cries and the dark," announced the Lord Commandant.

Nathaniel flared his nostrils which Rodwin didn't fail to observe as he heard the announcements carefully.

"You were all warned to notify your tent's leader before going for a piss. But you ten soldiers had the urge to piss at the same time. . ." He said while gritting his teeth.

"Enough." The King waved off while nodding at his son to continue.

The Prince stepped down from the stage and looked at each face until he stopped at Nathaniel.

"This whole tale starts with you," he said, smirking confidently.

Nathaniel took full offence at being targeted but didn't loose his calm. He was known for managing any situation with his love and charm. He could do it.

"If you say so, my Prince."

Rodwin moved his tongue over his lips, wanting so hard to look at his face when he said that.

The Prince's smile showed a glint of strictness when he stood right in front of the soldier. "What happened that night, Nathaniel?"

"I had left the hall to take a piss-"

"You piss, yes. Everyone knows," the Prince making a faint laughter spread among the ministers. "I am talking about the thirteenth night of the war."