[51] Fearless-II

Violet's horse kept moving as she wanted to catch up with the boys. But no one was in sight.

Her spine chilled at realising that she was lost in this dark forest.

She halted her horse and looked around. Taking time, she heard the noises. The Knights were shouting for sure because she couldn't find them. On top of it, a girl was screaming every moment.

Jennifer was in danger. A big danger.

If Samuel and Jeffery had gone to the north, she won't be able to catch up with them. She would be lost.

Instead, she should take the west shortcut that ends up in a canal near the end of the village. There she could reach them easily.

Nodding to herself, Violet shakily turned her horse and rode towards the west.

.

.

.

____

.

.

.

.

.

.

____

.

.

.

Jennifer ran hurriedly when suddenly she heard the sound of water flowing heavily.

Behind her were the loud steps approaching with faint growls.

Her heart curled up in defeat.

How would she cross this canal. She looked at the other side and yelled, "Somebody help!"

There must be some boat. She kept looking and trying to find anything under the faint moonlight.

But the latest growl came louder.

She looked back slowly and her heart drowned at seeing those glowing eyes again.

Short breaths left her mouth as she whimpered hard at the sight. The beast was walking towards her despite how that lady had wounded him. The blood was leaking yet he was so desperate to kill her.

Jennifer glanced back at the flowing water.

Chill ran down her spine.

Would it be fine to kill herself before he could get her? Or was she supposed to die fighting?

She let out a heart wrenching sob when the Werewolf approached her with higher pace.

Goosebumps risen and so did the pain in her chest. She screamed at the top of her ability.

The beast opened his mouth, showing all of his teeth, letting out a growl that was deadlier than of a lion could be.

Jennifer stepped back in order to die drowning rather than being ripped apart.

The beast bent his legs and jumped towards her, ready to pounce. Before Jennifer could even jump back, he pushed his claw at her shoulder, making her fall back on the ground only.

She screamed but not louder than his growl.

The beast left the drools over her neck, ready to rip her throat with his teeth as he opened his mouth fully for the attack.

A sharp knife cut his furry cheek coming from nowhere.

The Werewolf staggered back, groaning loudly.