[12] The Sinner

The tall grand pillars of the castle adjoined to it's ancient building, had been keeping them in place tall and together for years, fascinated Samara. She couldn't stop removing the little curtain of the carriage and watch from the little window, the view of the Castle of Walderstone.

"Father, it is the biggest building I have ever seen. It is enchanting," she murmured dreamily.

Her father who was sitting with her brother on the opposite side, laughed. "Yes, it is. But it feels more bigger from inside. Wait when you see this decoration inside. You won't want to return to home," he chuckled at seeing her excitement as she giggled while nodding.

Her mother too looked out of the window remembering the last time she had been there when the King had organised feast in the name of his first born. That was thirty years ago, she wondered how old the Prince would be looking now.

But suddenly, the carriage was full of painful grunts as she looked at her son who groaned while straightening his legs, disturbing Samara and his arms making his father confused.

"What is the problem, son?"

Samuel sighed heavily, while positioning his coat again. "This suit doesn't fit me, father. I had told you before. I might embarrass myself in the function. It is tight and I can't move freely. I feel I won't be able to enjoy, already."

Samara gulped and all her body went frozen at his situation.

The beast is changing every moment.

Suddenly, Samuel caught her gaze and raised his eyebrows. "What happened to you?"

Samara gasped when she heard the stretching of the cloth and watched as all of them froze. Her father glared at his brother.

"Don't move. I don't understand how in five days, you have gained such weight. How can be the measurement wrong? I wore it myself and it fits my physique then why not you? How can-"

Samuel shook his head. "Maybe, the fruit that the seer had given me. The dried one. She told me to drink it with milk. I myself feel different and much muscular. I should have tried the suit a day ago. How will I dance in that?"

Samara widened her eyes and gulped as chills ran down her spine. The seer's words were revolving in her mind and she couldn't decipher if it was the seer's predictions or her actions of recommending her brother the fruit. Maybe, she was luring Samara in believing her.

She remembered how she had lost weight withing three days of very high fever. It was common and changes were meant to be. She put her heart at rest and didn't give that doubt another thought. Moreover, the beast couldn't be her brother.

He was a kind man, a smart one and a ruthless one. He didn't disturb anyone without a reason. He won't disturb wolves and put himself in danger. It couldn't be her brother. It couldn't be.

The loud screeching of gates were heard as more gates were opened for carriages, horses, and carts full of gifts. Samara was excited to see the castle from inside. She wanted to meet the Prince too. She had heard about his charms and knew how beautiful his wife was.

She was inspired from both of them and wished for her husband to be of the same nature as of the Prince. It was cruel how her generation was not at the right time. The Prince was a married man with three children aging from four to twelve. She wished that she could have been of the same age as of the heirs so, she could have been even able to dream about being a royal.

"Father, will you talk to Ida's father?"

Her eyes lit up and for the first time in this carriage, she was happy with her brother's words. Her father hummed and looked out of the little window as they had entered the big gates and were now proceeding towards the grand hall gates.