[60] Home

The early morning light entered the room through the window.

With the lack of the darkness, Samara's eyelids twitched. Slowly, the sleep started leaving her senses. Every inch of her mind felt awake as she opened her eyes lightly.

The plastered ceiling reminded her of her actions from last night.

Sadness spread all over her heart as the realization of disrespecting her parents' orders sank further.

But then, they were wrong at thinking that they could control her life like this. They were forcing their choices on her.

So, she rebelled.

Her father and brother, the army men. Surely, they would get mad. But Samara feared her mother the most. A woman who had the heart to send her husband and son far away to War. She knew, that her mother had a strong heart. But when she cared for society more than her own daughter's happiness, it was enough for Samara to decide her ways.

And now, she was satisfied with her actions. Especially when her morning began in her lover's home, on his bed, with his thick-muscular arm wrapped around her waist.

Turning her head, she observed him peacefully.

Rodwin liked laying on his stomach in the last three to four hours of deep slumber. Just like how he was asleep now, snoring mildly with his mouth staying open.

Her eyes moved towards the right slowly, noticing his chiseled muscular shoulders, the back. Turning on her right side beneath his arm, she forwarded her hand towards his bare back slowly.

Roaming her palm over his back, she watched his snores going silent. He twitched his eyebrows unknowingly and kept sleeping, looking like an innocent boy.

Samara moved her hand up towards his head. The sides were shaved properly along with the back of the head. While the top of his head held the dark hair the same length as half of her pinky finger.

Running her fingers through his hair gently, she felt him relaxing more. Going down to his back, she caressed the skin with extreme gentleness.

He stirred and pulled her closer to him. Having their faces closer, Samara observed his lashes and straight nose.

Going closer, she pecked him on the full lips. She did it again, and this time, she kissed him properly.

Watching him with adoration in her eyes, a smile came upon her face. The corner of his lips curved upwards.

"God is showering miracles early morning," he mumbled faintly. "Rodwin Lester is getting kisses without asking for them."

"Because this time, you didn't disappear," she said humorously. "You stayed."

He opened his right eye that was visible as the other one was pressed into the pillow. "This is my home, after all. . ." He stared at her and smirked. "Our home."

Samara blushed while lowering her eyes. She continued caressing his back.

"Are you feeling better now?" He asked while turning his face more to her, showing both the eyes. His hand reached for her face, observing her swollen eyes and cheeks.

She nodded quietly, her eyes holding certain fears. "I want to know what happened back there in the forest in the night."

Rodwin blinked, his hand moving up from her waist to cheeks, removing her flicks to behind her ear. "Father wants to know the same," he said quietly. "I will describe everything, later. But before that, we need to talk to your family. You can't stay here when we are not married yet—" His eyebrows raised as Samara sat up hastily.