[9] Remember

The night felt through her skin as air surrounded them passing from the window they were gazing from. The moon was partly lit yet enough to show them how the colony was silent. Everyone was sleeping peacefully. Maybe fearfully, of that unknown beast.

But here she felt about herself, thinking she didn't have any shame that she was standing barely in a thin night dress with this man. The savage who couldn't ever keep his hands off her whenever he would get the chance to be near her.

"Rodwin," she could feel his warm breath tickling her neck. The more she was trying to focus on the well where she had seen that dead body, the more he was getting close to her— almost poking his manhood at her behind. "Have some shame. Stop feeling me."

An innocent gasp was what she heard from him. Rodwin only liked teasing her more as his hands wrapped around her waist, roaming on her stomach. "I am protecting you from the cold wind."

Samara shuddered when another breeze passed but still her mind couldn't be in its place as it kept revolving with his sensual touches. "The only protection I need right now, is from you."

Her hands covered his to remove them but Rodwin had another plans for the night. At her immediate rejection, he turned her around pushing her on the wall, making her jaw dropped. Her arms immediately pushing him back.

"Rodwin, what are you-" She halted when found a storm raging in those grey orbs. "Rodwin?"

Silk hair blowing along the wind and face blooming under the modestly lit sky. His jaws struggling to not clench and scare the beauty in front of him as he knew how anger could affect people with naive hearts. He had tried to make her understand by teasing, flirting, yelling and singing it all along. But this time, he won't repeat the mistake.

"Since the day I got my senses enough to understand things around me, I have been fascinated by you. A young girl always trying to steal mangoes from my father's cart. Whenever I would do that, my father would beat me. But he would never do that with you. I used to wonder, Samara. Why won't he be fair?"

Samara gulped. Her lips parted in confusion at his sudden talking of their childhood. "So I noticed you and realised that how could someone even have the heart to scold or hurt you?"

Her eyes roaming on his, observing the depth in them. "But Nathaniel has the heart to do it, Samara. Believe me when I say that keeping my love apart, I still want you to be away from him. He is not what he seems to be."

A sudden insecurity crawled up her heart. Samara couldn't help but question him instantly. "Give me a reason to trust you, Rodwin. Give me the proof that he is a liar. A wo-womanizer. A fake person who has the heart to hurt me."

Blankness pasted on his face while Samara smiled through anger. Before she could even ask him for the proof again, he nodded his head towards the well for her to follow his gaze.

Chill ran down her spine while she slowly turned around to look at the place he was signing at. Again, he held her from behind, getting close to her, making sure to hold the curtain enough to hide them from the person.

Nathaniel

Samara couldn't believe her eyes when she saw the man she loved so much passing slowly through the way partly-surrounding the well. He was looking back and forth, face stern and mysterious, eyes not even going towards her home for once. He was keen on going through his way as fast and as silent he could.

"What he's doing there, Samara?" The taunting whisper churned her stomach. His nose taking in the fragrance of her skin. "In the middle of the night, when everyone's asleep. Murders are going on in the village. A deadly creature is roaming. Your lover is having the walk of his life coming from the woods now to the colony he doesn't even live in."