[40] Nightmare

The room was filled with silence as Samara's mother had told her father about the feelings of love going on between Rodwin and their daughter.

Samuel watched his father shrugging his shoulders and sending a smile towards Lord Lester.

"Well, this is a spicy news. I won't lie, I had thought about them when they were little," her father confessed making Lord Lester chuckle.

Rodwin wiggled his one eyebrow at Samara who blushed hard, lowering her gaze.

"Then, what is the delay about?" Lord Lester smiled at them. "Rodwin has been desperate to tell me about it but the sudden castle orders were distracting us."

Samara saw her father getting more impressed. "I know, I have been there. Rodwin is a hard worker." He looked at his son and asked, "Samuel, what do you say about this?"

Samuel glanced at his sister's blushing face and then at Rodwin who gave him a confident look.

"Rodwin is a great soldier. Now, an honest supervisor. I admire him for his fairness. I am happy that Samara has chosen him. We are blessed to join relations with you, Lord Lester."

Rodwin smiled along with Samara while their parents looked at each other.

"Then, these are our final words, Lord Lester. We are all very happy to share our love and care with you, our name with you. With our children giving each other their hearts," said her father while hugging Lord Lester.

Her mother too hugged Lord Lester from side as she told him, "I am sure, Rodwin's mother had been so happy, tonight."

Rodwin observed the tight smile of his father who nodded actively. "Yes, she would have. Definitely."

His father gestured for him to get up and come forward while Samara's father held her hand and brought her forward, in the middle of the room.

Rodwin smiled at Samara who bit her lip when their father's started saying the prayer.

"For this day to their last, from futures, from past, join their hearts, oh Lord! For they are children to become each other's lover, for the eternity they together will cover, bless them with your love, oh Lord!"

Samara brought her hand forward, feeling her heart beating faster and cheeks warming up.

Rodwin pressed his lips tight, bringing out his mother's ring from the little box his father was holding.

"From today to the day they leave for the heavens, your blessings protect their love, keep them together." Both the father repeated with joined hands. "Oh Lord! Bless our kids."

Lord Lester nodded at his son as Rodwin held Samara's hand with gentleness, sliding the ring down her ring finger.

"This is the real claim of his on you till the wedding day." Samara's mother told them, looking at them sternly.

Rodwin tried to control the smug smile from forming on his face while Samara had her breathes hitched in embarrassment again.

Samuel came forward to hug Rodwin. "Welcome to the family, brother-in-law. You will have my back. And I know, I will have yours too."

Samara smiled, her eyes filling up with emotions. Lord Lester hugged her, saying, "We are blessed to have you as my son's bride, Samara. My son couldn't have gotten better than you."

Rodwin bit his lip while Samara nodded at his father, smiling widely.

"Not even in his wildest dreams, Lord Lester."

Everyone laughed while her mother called them out to join her at the dining table.

The beautiful evening ended with humorous conversations, discussions about their wedding and a lavish dinner.