[44] Pylas

Walking from left to right, her breaths were up and down.

Samara held her head while groaning hard. Why did she even agree to such a plan? Now, what would she do if Violet would leave her home in the midnight.

She should have just refused her.

Rodwin had told her to not be so careless. Same words were thrown by her father and brother when she tried to leave to inform Violet of the change of plans.

"Is it something important?" Her brother asked while coming into her room, with a bowl of soup in his hand. He put it near her bed on the stool. "Mother made this for she thinks, it's going to rain this night."

Samara gasped and walked towards the window, looking up at the sky. Dark clouds had covered the moon, she clenched her jaws. Now, what would she do?

It was getting worse.

"Do you have to share some gossip to her?" Samuel asked, making sure to look he was never interested in their girlish talks.

"No, brother. It's nothing." She mumbled, tapping her head lightly.

"Then why are you fretting at our denial."

Samara sighed heavily while looking at him. "Violet is very stubborn. She. . ."

Samara gulped while thinking if she could reveal it to her brother. He would know what they were planning and could be alert from next time.

Samara gave him a nervous smile. "Actually, Violet has been so curious and thrilled by the beast. She even started practising knife throwing. And anyhow, today when she came home. In humour, she told me that she was going to the woods tonight to look for the beast."

Samuel let out a humorless laughter. "Always headless, you both have always been," he said while leaving.

"How dare you!" Samara said in a sisterly tone. "She's just very brave. Enough to even plan about it. I feel that she wasn't just joking. She is seriously leaving for the woods, tonight."

Samuel shook his head. "Have your soup, Samara."

"Can I please go for just a check?" She asked worriedly.

Samuel gave her a serious look. "You know what lies in the dark. Don't you?"

Samara breathed heavily. "Then, come with me. We both can return together. But saving Violet from her own bravery is important."

"Is it some trap? Because I don't want to see neither Ida." Samuel muttered while lowering her eyes. "Nor that beast."

Samara shook her head. "Samuel, please believe in me. Violet has gotten a silver knife made to kill that beast. She is very stubborn. Let me go. I will sneak away while you distract our parents."

Samuel narrowed his eyes, reminding her that he was the elder one. "Go to sleep, Samara. It is going to rain. She will skip the idea. The Prince has warned us very strictly about the trap. They are going to catch the beast."

"Which is why, I am not telling you to accompany me. Believe in me, I will be fine. The seer's house come in the way. I will stay there if I hear any distant howl. But let me go or Violet will be dead. . ." Samara choked on her words.

Samuel stared at his sister, giving her a stern look. "What will you get by helping her? You will get killed by that beast. What will I get by going with you? We both will be killed by the beast. Even after taking so many arrows, nearly dying, I didn't get a mere praise from anyone's heart. There is no weight in helping someone, Samara."

"You only put yourself at risk," he said, his face looking disturbed.

Ants started crawling at Samara's hand, she couldn't afford to make such a big mistake. "What if she is found dead in the morning? Would you be able to live with that weight?"