[48] The Risk-III

Violet looked around the house which had mostly bookshelves and trunks. There were no chairs and they were sitting on the wooden stools which were barely a foot in height.

"The last time you came to me, you have asked about whom should you choose between the two men," said the seer with an amused smile. "Now, you have come with his mother's ring on your finger. I knew that you were made for our Rodwin."

Samara blushed lightly, exchanging an amazed glance from Violet. "And I thank you for showing me the way those times. For taking care of Rodwin's wounds. Lord Lester has told me how he has been bringing the paste from you to put on the wound on his chest he received that night in forest," said Samara with warmth in her eyes.

The seer kept looking at her with a faint smile on her face.

"So much have happened in these days," replied Samara while gulping and bringing the book from her cloak's pocket. "Violet and I have been so curious about the Werewolf that we asked Logan to steal these books from the library of the castle. We found a lot about Werewolves and Sherfield."

The seer raised her eyebrow. She picked up the cup of tea as she had made it for the girls. "Tell me, Samara. Everything you both have learned," she said with a knowing smile.

Samara looked at Violet who blinked and started to explain everything about the books. From narrating Pylas' tale to talking about the features of the Werewolf they had read about. Samara herself recited some of the stories from villages.

"Some says, the wolf in the man comes from even selling their soul to the devil. A man who has drank rain water from a Werewolf's paw becomes one himself. A deep scratch from him or the bite," she explained.

The seer put her cup back on the plate while looking down at the girls. She didn't say anything and it made Violet give more of her thoughts.

"I have personally observed that Logan and Jeffery are innocent in this. Logan saved me from the beast. While Jeffery has touched silver in front of me," said Violet, hoping for a response.

Samara remembered her own proofs. "When I had seen the beast, within a blink father and Samuel had entered the home. My brother is innocent too. We don't see blood on his mouth in the morning. Rodwin? Well, he had himself gotten hurt by the beast. His wounds healed slowly like a normal human."

The seer nodded slightly.

"It is Davis whose nature has changed," pointed Violet. "Nathaniel turned out to be more wicked-"

"Pylas was a Werewolf. The Alpha," the seer said while looking down at the book. "But how can a bitten Werewolf be the Alpha of royal wolves?"

Samara's lips parted.

"He followed his nature," answered Violet. "He was bitten and become a monster. He did what a monster would do. He preyed. The wolves chose him for his honesty. He made a deal. In return of that treasure, he accepted that curse of a bite."

The seer smiled knowingly. "For a man who just needed treasure, receiving the bite along was not a curse. He became supreme. He became something powerful. He was continuing the legacy of those wolves."

Violet tried to say something but she was already speechless.

"So it was a good thing?" asked Samara. "To become a sinner?"

The seer hummed slowly. "Tell me, dear. Have you ever lied to your parents? Have you ever felt jealous of other woman? Have you ever felt anger towards someone?"

Samara nodded reluctantly.

"Have you ever taken pride of your beauty or your smartness or anything?" The seer asked.