[69] The Final Howls-III

His mind was numb yet equally chaotic.

His blood was boiling and yet he felt his veins getting colder and tighter by every blink.

His limbs ached from the harsh galloping of the horse but he needed to reach the murderers.

How could in a village full of army men, someone could dare to kill? Because the killers were these army men only. And now, he didn't care if he would be called as one of them.

The glimpses of his father's dead face wasn't leaving his mind. The blood leaking from his head and the scratches on the neck bleeding from the harsh tightness of the rope. He looked so skinny and just lifeless.

There was no life without his father.

His father was what he all had all his life.

There was no future without him.

Rodwin sniffled hard while clenching his jaws and kicking his horse again. The rain wasn't stopping and so won't he.

Let the lightening announce the news of the town that an innocent, hardworking and loving father was killed in some vengeance or hatred. Let the thunder alarm everyone how he was suffering a nightmare with open eyes.

His horse neighed loudly, making him pull the rope. It halted slowly.

"Rodwin?" Earl shouted while sitting under a tree with his forehead bleeding.

Observing the scenario in the mere blink of the lightening, Rodwin got down from the horse hurriedly and stomped towards him.

Grabbing his collar, Rodwin asked angrily. "Who did this? Who hurt you? What the fuck are you doing out here?"

Earl whimpered while gulping hard. "I saw him hanging your father," he said, making Rodwin's eyes widen.

"I was following him and didn't realize what the intention was. Until I reached your house and saw what he was already done with. Forgive me, I couldn't save your father. He was already hurt. Dead," cried Earl while looking at him.

Rodwin was quiet, not even blinking in the rain.

"Your horse neighed all of a sudden, making me startled. I accidentally bumped into the vegetable cart and he got to see me. I ran away to save my life. But he managed to hit me on the head with a stone."

Rodwin stared at him. "Why were you out in the rain?" He asked coldly.

Earl gulped before saying, "I was told to follow him."

"By whom?" Rodwin asked angrily while shaking him hard.

Earl breathed fearfully while telling him everything.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sobbing loudly, Samara stared at the dead body with horror in her eyes.

Could it be suicide? She tried to think. But it wasn't. No one could hurt themselves like this and the brick was right there beside the door, thrown carelessly.

She couldn't believe what just happened.

How could God let this happen to them? To her? All she wanted was some love earlier before the wedding and God punished her this way. This brutally.