[22] Theories Around

Waiting continuously for her lover to arrive, Violet twitched her lips. Realizing that she had skipped the after noon meal too, she whimpered.

"Where are you!"

Immediately, two arms snaked through her waist, gripping her gently, pulling her back towards his broad chest.

"In your wildest dreams," he murmured on her neck before kissing it lightly.

Violet looked sideways, blushing when their eyes met slightly. Looking at him, she passed a sweet smile and her soft gaze turned into a glare when she stomped on his foot hard.

Logan screamed while staggering back, jumping on his other foot. "Fuck me, Lord. Why?"

She scoffed while crossing her arms, giggling hideously when he rubbed his foot hurriedly while moaning in pain. "For making your woman wait for so long." She pouted her lips. "I even skipped my meal for you."

Logan's groaned while bending, "The King has ordered to stretch our training period. This is only break that I am here, escaping from Commandant's eyes."

Violet hummed while looking away, now feeling guilt for hitting him. Swallowing her inner cheek, she sighed. "So, what would happen now? Did they catch the beast?"

Logan sat on the dried leaves under a tree, spreading his legs while squeezing his eyes for harsh sunlight. "Beast? They didn't catch the right soldier. How would they have gotten the beast?" He shook his head while remembering the early morning fight he had with Davis.

"Hey." Violet had noticed his face full of pain. "Did I hurt you?" She worriedly sat beside him, checking his foot.

He laughed and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer. "No." He showed her the bruise on his forearm and explained, "Davis and I had to wrestle today. I underestimated him by thinking that he was on bed for days. But today, the way he has hit me and pounded me on the sand, I am not impressed but shocked."

Violet stared at the bruise while remembering that there had always been a group of three boys playing in the mud and roaming around their colony.

Rodwin, Logan and Davis.

"But aren't you like best mates?" She asked innocently while leaning on his chest.

Logan smiled sadly. "I don't know anymore. Since the day he has woke up from the War, he doesn't behave like he had been always closer to both me and Rodwin. We had done what every friend would do. We had been there in the war together. We had been at his home, to cheer him up, telling him the details of training he was missing. I don't understand what is making him drip apart from us."

Violet blinked in deep thought. "Do you not even have a little idea?"

Logan sighed. "Maybe, he is jealous of Rodwin's post, just like Nathaniel and others."

"Are you not?"

He frowned. "What? No. I like being the messenger rather than being an advisor. Rodwin has worked hard and I know it was for the right thing. Now, he deserves what he has achieved. There is nothing unfair in that. But what unfair is, treating him the way Davis is doing."

Violet narrowed her eyes. "What do you mean?"

Logan shrugged, "Teasing him. Taunting him. Now, that today Nathaniel has also woken up from the fever he was suffering from last (full moon) night, he will accompany him too. Rodwin has gone to the castle. Otherwise, Davis would have been fighting him. Both are the leading wrestlers but who is the number one, only a fight will tell."

Violet raised her head excitedly. "Is it going to happen any soon?"

Logan nodded. "Just as Rodwin will be done reading his duties and laws from the castle. He will return to attend trainings and fight Davis."