Prologue

She had excitedly gotten ready for the departure ceremony and couldn't afford her lavender dress getting stained because of these scoundrels following her. While running faster, she clutched the skirt of her gown protectively, not forgetting to scream for help through the way.

"Samara," one of her childhood friends, Davis shouted enthusiastically.

Feeling her heartbeats getting faster, she turned right to the familiar narrow street which was narrower than the door of her bedroom.

The turn made her pace slow, making advantageous for the four hands to immediately grab her shoulders. Samara let out a scream but the other boy, Logan covered her mouth with his big palm.

"Stop screaming," muttered Davis while holding her arms from both sides and kept her straight as she tried to wriggle crazily out of their hold.

"Leave me, you monsters." Her voice came out muffled making both of the boys laugh. She groaned and tried to scream as loud as she could. But the sudden heavy footsteps echoing in the abandoned street had silenced her in horror.

Her heart beats slowed down while she wished for the approaching intruder to be her brother or father. The surely would have noticed her missing from the departure ceremony. Her eyes widened in relief at the sight of the red-colored uniform that soldiers and reputed Warriors of the army would wear for the war.

But just as her eyes met the mischievous grey orbs, a whimper escaped her mouth. Those baby blue eyes of  her narrowed in extreme hatred. 

"I had told you, Samara. I won't go without a good bye kiss."

Her blood ran cold at the loud voice, echoing in the whole street. Observing the situation she was in, she knew how she won't be able to get out from here with begging or requesting.

Writhing in the boys' hold, she glared at the man who had blocked the light by his tall height and muscular body. He stepped ahead, making her grunt angrily. Her childhood enemy laughed and crossed his arms on chest.

"Come on, Samara. We both know that we will be wedded in future. Now that I am going to the war, like a good fiancee you must give me my good luck kiss."

The boys smirked seeing her giving him a nauseated look.

"I am just asking for a kiss, Samara. Not a fuck. It can wait until our marriage. . ."

Samara laughed humorlessly, making Logan removing his hand from her mouth. "I am not your fiancee. Talking about your sick dream of marrying me, it took you two men for help to steal a kiss from me, Rodwin. How much will you need to take me on the wedding night?" she sneered, making his jaws clench.

More insult was at the top of her tongue but the fire in his eyes kept her mouth shut. She gulped fearfully, now observing that she had triggered him. She could see the nerve on his temple was twitching in anger. His eyes were digging glares at her while his fists were tightly clenched aside, ready to release his anger.

"Leave her." The words were thrown calmly.

Davis argued, "But we brought her here . . ."

"Leave her," he yelled making both of his friends leaving the girl immediately.

His well-built body gave him more authority and Samara so claimed it as unfair, that they were following his orders so obediently.

"Run."

His eyes didn't move off her face, making Samara's breath hitched. Without even wasting a blink, she ran to the other end of the street as if her life depended on it. This time, she didn't even care about her dress. For all she wanted was to get away from the monster whose footsteps sounded closer to hers.