[18] The Night Is Cold-V

The silence hung heavily across the whole castle. Even when whispers and sobs were there, this silence seemed to spread for longer. The King could feel it when his eyes set on the moon.

It was that time of the night. It was at it's fullest. His anger peaked high when he realized that those three soldiers were still roaming outside, freely. He had sent his Warriors out of the grand hall to catch them but still no sign was given that the beast was seen, found or caught.

"What are their names?" He asked again for the forth time. His own son looked strangely at him.

"Nathaniel, Samuel and Jeffrey."

The King's eyes widened as he immediately thought of the Lord Commandant who was gone with the Knights. "His son?"

The Prince nodded. "We don't know if he is out of this hall, innocently or intentionally. But it is clear that he is one of those ten soldiers."

The King stared at his son questioningly. The Prince nodded in confirmation while turning back to look around the crowd, full of grim and fearful faces.

One of them was of Samara Hampton who was clinging to Violet. "They are going to hurt three of them. How in this world, he could be so careless? When Ida is here, why would he go out?" She sobbed while staring at her mother who was holding her forehead in disbelief.

"I don't know. One moment, he was here drinking, the next he was gone."

Violet sighed. "You don't have to worry about it. We all know that it cannot be him."

Samara wiped her eyes and was only looking around tiredly when he caught Rodwin's eyes. He nodded at her from the other table, Logan was there too along with Davis. They all had worry in their eyes. She watched Logan giving Violet a look that made her hold her hand.

"You come too," she whispered to Violet while giving her mother a polite nod. Walking towards them, she felt her heart filling with warmth when Rodwin smiled at her while holding her waist from the side.

Davis' eyes didn't waver off the soft hands on Rodwin's elbow and the smile smile that was for the girl, he himself loved so much. His jaws clenched in a forbidden misery.

"What is our King going to do?" asked Violet while Logan nodded. He glanced at Davis who sighed.

"The King is now furious over Nathaniel, Samuel and Jeffrey." He explained.

"Jeffrey?" Samara covered her mouth. "He is Samuel's dearest mate. They must be together then."

Violet raised her eyebrows. "So does that mean that the beast is any of them?"

Davis nodded. "Absolutely."

Samara gasped, her eyes filling with tears as she shook her head. "It cannot be my brother. He is innocent. He is not healing and the hell he worships moon or any of that bull's shit."

Rodwin tightened his hold around her waist when Davis looked at her in amazement. "But he might be killing people and that is enough sign of being a beast."

Samara pleaded him with eyes which made something fluttering in his chest. Davis gulped. "But it is not confirmed. It is any of them because they couldn't control turning into the beast. With all the screams we all are hearing, the beast is surely out there," he told all of them.

Samara could remember the seer's words. She shook her head. "No, it's the one who was high on his emotions tonight. Nathaniel was very angry to me. Without any reason. While my brother, he was absolutely happy with Ida and his new post."

"New post?" Logan argued. "I had heard it from Jeffrey that he was not fine with his new post which is why Samuel was drinking so much. To support him, Jeffrey had followed him out of the hall."