[63] Ideal Soldier

Samara shut the door with concern spread over her face.

She was done with meeting the seer and even checking upon Jennifer and Davis' health. Yet Rodwin hadn't arrived here.

What if he had actually gotten into a fight?

The thought was eating her up from inside.

Biting her lips, Samara started walking through the street to get out of it. It surely was faint sunny afternoon but the shadows in the street were making her feel cold all of a sudden. She hadn't even brought her cloak while running out of her home.

Crossing the street, she took the path towards the village market. So, she would end up bumping into him only.

But before she could take one more step ahead, someone grabbed her arm and pulled her into the isolated street on the side, not forgetting to cover her mouth too.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I have sent the messenger already with your names in the letter," said Rodwin with narrowed eyes.

"No, son. Kindly forgive us!" The man said dramatically.

"Look at me! Do you want me to come at night and show you that I'll still be a human?" Rodwin said angrily.

The men exchanged a glance while gulping hard. "We are ashamed," said one of the man.

"If you have that much of the heart, why don't you dare hit me. Why my innocent father who would love me regardless of what animal I am?" Rodwin said through clenched jaws. "To make me weak? To hurt me?"

The men paled when Rodwin stepped near the benches at the open tea stall. He grabbed the collar of the bar owner who had cursed his father the most.

The man gulped as Rodwin glared hard.

"When you all believe that you can poke a War-returned soldier," he said while gritting his teeth. "That makes me feel weak. I am weak, actually. The horror of War, the blood, the dead-bodies, cut off ears, bones, blasts——have made me quite chaotic here." He pointed at his temple. 

"Don't dare look in the eyes of my father or wife ever," Rodwin said while looking at them calmly. "In War, the elders ask us to kill fast and sharply. I have gotten weary of giving easy deaths. Therefore, slow kills are now my fantasies."

"Father's forehead is bruised. Bled for some time. It made me feel bad. Very bad," he said quietly. "Send written apologies to my father and the royal court. Because if you don't, I will crush your skulls and sprinkle the parts at the doorstep of your homes. And the torture I would do before going for your skulls, is something they taught us during the war to make Burnslenian speak secrets out."

"We will send the apologies. We will," said the bar owner hurriedly.

Rodwin left the collar and patted the shoulder. "You must. Because only the way of love keeps the chaos in my mind, sorted."

Backing away, he turned around only to observe five-six little children of around eight-nine summers, were staring at him in shock. They were playing with each other when he had arrived here in this street.