[69] The Final Howls-III

Start from the beginning

Another thump was heard behind her, Samara staggered backwards after turning around hurriedly.

She blinked in the dark and walked towards the blanket that her and Rodwin had left in the wooden cabin only.

Picking it up, she gulped hard.

Lightening struck hard across the sky, she caught the blood stains on the light bluish blanket with dark blue check lines.

Realizing the dread spreading in her heart, Samara dropped the blanket.

Goosebumps risen on her skin, she shook visibly.

Someone killed their goat and then, went to the wooden cabin.

She heard the loud breathing from behind her all of a sudden and she could swear, the fright had turned her legs shaking badly.

The murderer hadn't run away after killing her soon-to-be father-in-law. He was here only. Right behind her.

"Samara."

Blood drained from her body as the voice reached her ears.

Her eyes burned in fright.

"Hearing your name must be boring?" The voice came as cold as this night. "Don't worry. Now, hear this."

She squeezed her eyes shut and wept to herself in extreme trepidation.

Because the blood-curdling growl had burst all the doubts in her mind and heart.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jennifer sat with tears in her eyes while the seer bandaged her gash around the stomach. Holding the whole dress raised up to her chest, in her hands, she let out a whimper.

"I am so anxious. What could be happening?" She asked while gulping hard.

The seer knotted the bandage and moved back. Leaning back on the chair, she breathed heavily. "Whatever happens, it happens for the good."

"No. Don't say that. . . " Jennifer cried while looking at her. "Nothing is going good. Nothing is happening for the good of anyone."

"Calm down, Jennifer. You must sleep. This night shall pass like any other. . ."

"No! I cannot! I need to leave!" Jennifer said while sniffling slowly. "I need to—"

The loud knock reached their ears.

Jennifer widened her eyes while looking at the seer who flared her nostrils and got up slowly.

She put fingers on her lips while looking at Jennifer and picking up the empty bottle of syrup.

Jennifer got down from the bed when more loud and desperate knocks appeared on the door.

"Stay back!" The seer whispered while clutching the glass bottle tight.

Jennifer shook her head with wide eyes. "No! It could be the beast!" She whisper-shrieked.

The seer flared her nostrils and asked loudly. "Who is it?"