[69] The Final Howls-III

Start from the beginning

Sniffling hard, she observed the blood leaking from his head and looked away as her throat shook hard.

It was all her fault.

Only if she hadn't asked for it, Rodwin wouldn't have suggested going to the cabin in the backyard. They would have been here, closer and the murderer wouldn't have dared killing her father-in-law.

Rodwin word's revolved in her mind like a poison. She felt the pain in her chest physically. He wasn't even believing her anymore. He was losing his sanity. He would because it was his loving father. His only family.

No. She couldn't just let him do anything wrong in the hatred of her family. In the vengeance. She had to save him from any wrongdoings. She knew how this village was going immoral by every blink. A beast had arrived and now everyone was losing humanity.

She didn't know if the murderers were her parents or not. Her heart said that they were not. They couldn't kill a person. They were common happy people who would do anything for their children. But not murdering someone. She surely had doubted them when it was about that juice. Because they thought, Rodwin was the beast.

But why Lord Lester? Why would anyone target him? To hurt Rodwin?

What if it really was Samuel? He might be taking revenge for Ida's death by killing Rodwin's father in return.

No matter how deeply she could think and put logics, her heart said that her family wasn't capable of killing someone this brutally.

But Rodwin must have already reached there. And he would kill them even without making sure if they were the murderers. Even if they were, he couldn't have sins upon his hand. He couldn't have blood upon his hand!

She gasped and got up from the floor, ready to run away to her house.

But before she could move ahead, one of the goat's started bleating madly.

Chill ran down her spine as she heard the more sounds. It seemed like the goat was hurt and crying. As if calling for help.

Fear crawled up her arms and heart, she picked up the spike with which she had cut the rope and started walking towards Rodwin's room silently.

Reaching his room, she looked towards the big endless backyard with the thunder ringing loud. Her drenched clothes felt cold as the wind entered the room harshly.

Gulping hard, she managed to reach the door and looked over at the goats tied under the small stable.

To her horror, one of them was not there.

Opening the door, she slowly walked ahead in the dark and looked around hurriedly when lightening struck across the dark sky.

The goat was no where. The other one was bleating occasionally.

And it scared her.

Stepping under the rain, she looked around for the goat. Her name was Rose as Mary was still standing there tied to her pole.

The tears mixed with the raindrops on her cheeks, Samara shivered in horror.

"Rose?" She called out while looking around again, clutching the spike in her hand tight.

Mary started bleating loudly when a loud thump was head behind Samara.

Turning around, Samara gasped at seeing the goat's dead body. Scratched and bleeding undeniably.

Her mouth opened in terror while she covered it immediately. Squeezing her eyes, she controlled loud sobs at seeing the brutally ripped body of the goat.