[59] Expectations

Start from the beginning

Violet scoffed at his words. "But you both gave your presence there, willingly. He gave the blood. You drank the rainwater. So did Rodwin. And this fourth person, he sacrificed the blood and did it knowingly. Like a blood ritual!"

The seer nodded in agreement.

Davis gulped hard. "So, it is obvious. Pylas has chosen him only. The one who came first, made the deal, willingly."

"Which was why, you backed out from Preston and Lori's plan to hurt Jennifer!" Violet spat angrily.

Logan observed the scene. "So did Earl. So maybe, the fourth person could be him. Like of course. He is always around Nathaniel. He might have known about these supernatural concepts."

Davis gave both of them a hard look. "What about Samuel and Jeffery? Why aren't you taking their names? Maybe, this is why, she isn't telling us that she saw his face!" He pointed at the girl laid on the bed.

All eyes fell on Jennifer's face full of nervousness. She lowered her eyes from the ceiling to meet Davis' gaze.

"Was it your brother? After all, he saved you from the boys. Not just that, he killed them like a true monster," he sneered confidently.

"If he had been my brother, I wouldn't have been clawed like this." She said coldly. "You were to accompany them too in hurting me—"

"I didn't! I backed out!" Davis yelled angrily.

Jennifer's cheeks twitched as she gave him a disgusted smile. "You knew what was about to happen and you didn't stop it from happening," she told him.

Dread spread all over his face, he stared at her blankly. "I. . . I was stuck, Erasmus and his group were already on the way. But I did see your brother going away. He wasn't even running in worry. Maybe, it was before he even came to know that you were missing or being attacked. He looked like he was going somewhere with a purpose. Maybe, to shift into a wolf," he taunted with a humorless smirk.

Jennifer blinked and flared her nostrils. "I don't know if my brother is clean in this or not. I believe, he should be. He must be. But I know that you all have played together as children. You all were friends. I just know that you and Nathaniel's friends held the audacity to let me get hurt. Raped. The beast is not the real monster. You all are," she said through gritted teeth.

Violet smirked at seeing Davis' face falling.

"But that is not the answer the King would want to listen," said Logan while looking at them. "Jennifer, you will have to confidently explain them everything. About Preston and Lori. Whatever they did. Whoever you saw that night."

Jennifer nodded slightly with glossy eyes.

"What about the Werewolf?" Violet asked calmly in anger.

"For that, we will have to know about this fourth man. The soldier. So, we can compare who is the most handsome, clean, kind and brilliant enough to impress Pylas," joked Davis while giving her the dead eye.

"Aren't you already out of the race, then?" Logan said while standing closer to him, glaring hard.

The seer sighed while Davis retorted, "As if these are the qualities Pylas would be looking for. What if he only needed an overexcited, adventurous, curious, dumb lad? Whom he can make a puppet to kill around and run the legacy!"

"What did you say?" Logan said while giving him a dark look. "Dumb? Overexcited? It was just a matter of fourteen days. Wasn't it? The War. First day, you slept with us in our tent. The Second, you stopped making talks. Third, you ate dinner with Nathaniel. Fourth, you went to piss with him. Fifth, you finally left for their tent. His friends were yours. While Rodwin and I, didn't even know what was wrong?"