The seer and Samara looked at Violet immediately in horror as she touched her own neck in confusion.

"Ida spiked him. Later, he met you. He hugged you. And his bleeding neared yours," said Davis with a confident smirk. "Think about it, Violet. Think about it."

Violet gasped in shock when Samara got up with terrified eyes. The seer too looked stunned.

While in the other room, Jennifer was all awake, carefully listening to the truths.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A loud knock appeared on the door, everyone stopped doing their movements.

Davis was resting after getting newly bandaged. Violet was cleaning the rest of the old cotton strips. Samara was helping the seer in cooking food for the patients. Jennifer's turn to change bandages was yet to come.

"Who is it?" Samara asked the woman in a low voice.

The seer shrugged her shoulders. "Hope, it isn't the Knights," she said while wiping her hands and going towards the main door.

Violet too had gotten out of Davis' room and was now walking along the seer to the door. Both the woman took a long breathe before the seer finally opened the door.

A silent gasp escaped Violet as Logan's red face appeared in the sight.

"Violet?" Logan asked in confusion while looking at her and then, sighed in relief. "Thank God, you are here only." He looked at the seer. "I need to talk to Jennifer. We went to the Castle. The King listened to our narration of what unfairness the Lord Commandant practised and now, the Royal Knights are here in the village. The old man is summoned along with Nathaniel for detailed investigation of Ida's escape from her home. The Knights are asking around the neighbors. . . I needed to come here before they could question Jennifer. . . They'll scare her. . ."

"Come inside," the seer said hurriedly who opening the door full, letting him in.

Violet's eyes filled up as Logan entered the house and hugged him. Her hands shook while reaching for his back as Davis' words had settled in her mind. She had checked her neck and she knew, he was putting the right facts in the right way.

Logan pulled away and her wet gaze went directly for his neck that looked as clean as a whistle, under the collar of his shirt. How could it be possible? It was the same shirt too that he had been wearing last night. Or was it some other? She didn't notice the color in the dark.

Deep in her heart, she was coming back from Davis' words. A relief was trying to settle. Trying.

"Is Rodwin okay?" Samara shrieked from the kitchen's door. She rushed to them while looking up at Logan. Her lips trembled as she asked, "Where is he?"

Logan observed her worried face. "He is fine. He said that he was going home."

The seer gave Samara a pat on the back. "Go, meet him. I will take care of the food."

Samara gave her an unsure look.

The seer smiled. "Go," she emphasized, making her collect her cloak from the nail and rush out of the house in a blink.