"How can you say that? I said that it was raining that night," said Davis, emphasizing the words. "Not just that I did saw something else. When I had looked for the area around the cliff, I had found a cabin. In the flame's light, I found blood on the cave's wall. . ."

Violet's heart started shrinking as she met Samara's frozen eyes.

". . . Only Logan was there alone before Rodwin cave. Beneath the blood were claws poking out from the wall. They could be the real ancient claws of this Werewolf. . ."

The seer stared at Davis with raised eyebrows. "Did you touch the blood?"

"I did, it was wet. Logan might have sacrificed—"

"You what?" The seer roared in anger. She glared at him in shock. "You touched the claws. Did you get a cut too?"

Davis gulped slowly while looking at her.

Violet narrowed her eyes.

"No. They weren't that sharp," said Davis while lowering down his gaze.

The seer stared at him sternly. "If the claws cut your or even pricked your finger like a small needle, your blood is sacrificed to place. You are too a participant then!" She yelled angrily.

Davis looked at her in shock. "What participant? Is there some competition going on? I checked the blood to investigate. Had it been frozen, I wouldn't have doubted Logan. There must have been someone else who came even before him. I didn't take any part. I didn't sacrifice and all that stupidity."

Violet and Samara looked at Davis with keen eyes.

"How did you get hurt in the shoulder?" asked Violet while staring at him.

"It's an arrow's gash," said Davis while glaring back at her. "Erasmus hit the arrow in open, not caring who it could get to. It got me."

"Simply because you were the wolf," said Violet while smirking humorlessly.

"How the fuck can you decide that? I didn't drink the water! I didn't pray and shit! I just followed them like an investigator!" Davis said angrily. "I have told you the truth and now you all blame me, only." He winced at the slight pain in his shoulder.

Samara lowered her eyes in thought.

"It could be possible that the Werewolf's soul, Pylas— he is looking for a heir. His legacy could be run ahead if there's another man who takes the responsibility. His soul would have obviously been looking for someone brave and clean. You were the only clean one there with no greed and doubts. You had no intention of interest. You were just keeping an eye," said the seer while looking at him.

Violet blinked in the surprise and felt the fear crawling her heart.

Samara too couldn't sit straight closer to him anymore. "Did you get a cut, Davis?" She asked calmly. "A mere poke could have done the danger."

Davis stared at her with glossy eyes. "I honestly didn't notice. I had wiped the blood on my breeches," he said pleadingly.

"Pylas got the options. He chose you. . ." Violet sneered angrily.

Davis clenched his jaws and gave her a dead look. "Or Logan. Because I am all hurt here, and I am not healing that fast. While your Logan took away Rodwin, saving him from getting burned because either he knew, an innocent was getting killed or he was saving the actual beast."

"It's one of them," said Davis while looking one by one at the three ladies in the room. His eyes narrowed and he nodded his head in confidence. "And my heart says, it's Logan because Jennifer was hurt at the back and at the leg. She wasn't bleeding from the chest above. Look at the frozen blood at Violet's neck. . ."