"But he might care for the girl." Earl gave him a look full of guilt. "He looked shocked when I told him. You all need to believe that Nathaniel is not a loser when it comes to unexpected situations. It's the planned situations when he turns a coward."

"But Jennifer. . ." Logan clutched his hair, ready to rip them in shock. "She is in danger. Those fuckers! I need to find Erasmus!" He said while running away back to the forest.

"Wait! I am coming along!" Earl shouted while following him.

Logan ran faster and glanced back at him. "You are a good man if you didn't join them. But now, be your own good saviour. Sit at home. Make it easy for the Knights to find who the fucker beast is!"

Earl stopped in his tracks and looked at his retreating back.

Chills ran down his spine.

'You both are dimwits! Lord Commandant has asked us to kidnap her so Samuel or Jeffery could show their inner beast if one of them is one.'

"Samuel is out. So are Jeffery, Preston and Lori stayed out. But Davis refused," he whispered to himself.

'I am not helping you rape a girl. I might be a jealous competitor but I am not evil.'

Earl widened his eyes.

"Davis didn't go to his home," he said to himself.

A faint growl erupted around. Earl shuddered and staggered back.

"He went to get a fucking new meal!"

.

.

.

____

.

.

.

The loud growl had shaken the whole forest.

Jennifer kept sitting on the tree with sobs escaping her continuously. From where she was sitting, she couldn't see anything in the dark except for hearing the Werewolf's terrifying growls.

She didn't know if she would be able to survive this night anymore.

The beast was horrifying and he was chasing her.

Within a moment, his fur had gone and she could see who it was. And the next moment, the fur erupted again, making her run away. Surely, she couldn't be an exception to what happened with Preston and Lori.

Running all the way to she didn't know which part of the forest, she climbed on a tree to save her life. She was sure that he wasn't taller enough to reach her.

Cold wind passed through the trees, making her shiver. She could feel the air touching her exposed bosoms. She had to repeatedly cover herself with her cloak.

Tears kept sliding down her cheeks in trauma at what had happened and what could happen.

But suddenly, she was pulled out of her thoughts. Because a sudden silence had occurred.

She sniffled while looking around quietly in the dark. Nothing was visible. Where were the growls?

Her cheeks dried in the cold winds as she waited for another growl. Had the Werewolf shifted back to his human face? She gulped shakily.

She wiped her cheeks and sniffled, lowering her eyes. But immediately, her breaths stopped.

Down there under the tree, he was standing.

Her heart reached her throat and something aching in her chest. Was it terror? Was it uncertainty? Was it horror? Was it the death itself?

She didn't move but her heart was surely moving hard, ready to burst her ribs.