140 | now and forever

✿ ✿ ✿

    Harry stood still, hearing the voices of everyone around him

    Harry stood still, hearing the voices of everyone around him. It felt surreal knowing that he had fought Voldemort once again. Only this time, there were people who witnessed it.

    The flashes from the cameras were still giving him trouble seeing, and all he wanted to do was to go home and feel safe, protected.

    However, now that he learned why Voldemort had been after him all this time, he knew that this was just starting. No matter how many death eaters they managed to stop and arrest, they weren't going to rest until all of this was over.

    Harry kept replaying the moments in his head over and over again. He could still feel the pain that Voldemort inflicted on him, and all he wanted was to hug Sam. She was the one who made him feel safe after his nightmares, but she was not there, and he felt lost.

    That night, he had almost lost more important people in his life. It made him realize that if there was another attack like, there would be far more casualties than what they had. He now understood why Sam was protective and vigilant all the time.

    Harry felt someone's hand on his shoulder, causing him to stiff. However, when he looked up, he relaxed.

    ❝how are you feeling?❞ Sirius asked, looking down at him with tired eyes, there had bags underneath, but he wasn't the only one who had them, Remus's were worse.

    ❝I don't know what I'm supposed to feel❞ Harry said slowly after a few seconds, looking ahead. He saw the familiar way to her office, more than once she had brought him to her job and he remembered feeling like a grown up there.

❝you put a good fight, Harry❞ Sirius squeeze lightly his shoulder before dropping his hand ❝no one would blame you if you're tired, or angry❞

    ❝I guess I'm both❞ Harry muttered, looking down at his shoes. He raised his hand and clenched the necklace. It had two pictures, one of his parents and him, and the other one of Samantha and him. It was one of his first birthday presents, and he rarely took it off ❝I want to go home❞ he whispered.

    ❝let's get you home then❞ Sirius nodded before standing up from the bench they were sitting at.

    Harry imitated him and let go of his necklace, putting it inside his shirt again. The two began to walk from the secluded area they were at, and the moment they did so, more reporters and cameras were making their to them.

    They tried their best to ignore them and walked towards the group of people who were standing in a circle, talking. When they got close, everyone turn to see Harry specifically.

    ❝where's everyone?❞ Sirius asked once he noticed part of the Order had disappeared.

    ❝they had to attend an emergency, but didn't say what it was❞ Hermione responded, pursing her lips. She looked at Potter boy with worried, but he only shook his head.