81 | us against the world

✿ ✿ ✿

     Samantha came home as fast as she could, and took a seat, still processing what she just did

     Samantha came home as fast as she could, and took a seat, still processing what she just did. She closed her eyes and inhale loudly, taking the lot of information in. Her hands were shaking and her heart was pumping in her ear, making her aware of how nervous and anxious she was.

    Did I do the right thing? Am I ready?

    Her mind kept repeating the same doubting questions over and over again, like a broken record.

Samantha sat down in the corner of her bed, putting her hand in her knees. She looked around, finding herself thinking of what could happen if something went wrong. She had taken a decision, and she wasn't going to back down now.

    The night before, she made the decision to talk to Dumbledore as soon as possible, asking him if she could be part of the Order. Her former headmaster had been surprise at the request, but accept her as part of them quickly. He had previously mention to her in her last days at school, hoping to get her to join.

    Samantha sighed heavily, knowing that her friends might come to her, telling her she made a risky decision.

Before going to see Dumbledore, Samantha wrote to her friends, telling them what she was going to do. They had been thinking about joining too, but hadn't made the decision yet. Samantha had been the first in the group, and she secretly hope they would decline, because she wanted them to be safe and out of danger.

    Before she could do anything, a loud pop sound made her jump, she put her hand over her wand, just in case. But when she looked up, she was greeted by Sirius' worried and angered face. Samatha let go of her wand and slowly stood up, interlinking her hands in front of her.

    Samantha opened her mouth to say speak but Sirius shook his head and approached quickly at her.

    ❝What were you thinking? Are you mad?❞ Sirius asked in a harsh voice. Samantha tried to say something, but the words didn't leave her mouth ❝Why did you do that?❞

❝Because it was the right thing❞ she said softly, his anger affecting her in a way she didn't want to ❝Because...❞

❝Samantha, you should have think about it more! You are going to be in so much danger, you're putting your life in the a thin line and I—❞ Sirius had his eyes wide opened, looking at Samantha like she was going to slip through his fingers any second. He had come to her house right after reading her letter, and fear took over him.

Samantha looked him in the eye, ignoring the feeling she got when he used her first name, instead of the nickname he had been using for years. Sirius sighed and closed his eyes, shaking his head.

❝I did it because I'm tired of seeing people scared...I am scared too, but someone should be doing something, that's what I'm going to do❞ Samatha spoke after a few seconds of silence, making Sirius look at her sadly.