121 | ready or not

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha sat still, her mind wondering as she stared at the fire

    Samantha sat still, her mind wondering as she stared at the fire. Her mind roamed aimlessly, not stopping at just one thought. Sometimes she wished she could stop thinking, because it only left her with more problems than before.

Just as she was about to drink from her tea, the sound of footsteps made her look away from the fire place. Slowly, she stood up, the cup slightly shaking under her touch.

    Harry came walking down the stairs, yawning. He send her a smile, and she returned it.

    ❝Good morning❞ she said softly, sitting down in front of him. She had been waiting to him so they could eat their breakfast together, so once he began to eat, so did she.

    ❝Morning❞ he replied, mouth full. She let it pass, looking around at the luggage.

    ❝Do you have everything?❞ she asked, taking a sip from her cup. The boy nodded, looking at her over his glasses.

    ❝Yeah, even the backups for the backups❞ the two chuckled, and continued eating in peace. The house was silent, the only sound was of their forks colliding with their plates. She preferred it that away.

     ❝do you feel alright?❞ she looked at him with a serious demeanor, analyzing him ❝does your scar still hurt?❞

    Harry shook his eyes, unconsciously putting his hand up to his scar to rub it ❝I'm fine, it's just like little shocks from time to time❞ he shrugged.

    ❝maybe we should go to get it checked out?❞ she offered, but he quickly declined.

    ❝It's not that bad, I promise❞

    ❝Okay, but the second it bothers you for a long period of time, we're getting it check out, I don't want it to be an infected of some sort, deal?❞ she continued to cut her food, sending him a look.

    ❝deal❞ he nodded, drinking from his own cup.

    The two continued to eat in silence, having the music as a background setting. Suddenly, she remembered about the letter she received from Mcgonagall about the upcoming event in school. Her mood changed into excitement, knowing Harry might enjoy the future action of watching people compete.

   ❝This is going to be an exciting year, Har❞ she smiled, and he raised his eyebrows at the statement.

   ❝Why'd you say that?❞

    ❝Oh, nothing, it's just that there's something good happening this year❞ she said vaguely, moving her fork around the air.

    ❝Mrs Weasley said the same thing! Do you know what it is?❞ he asked, causing her to shrug.

❝Maybe, maybe not❞ she drank from her tea, watching how his eyes narrow at her. Before he could open his mouth to protest, she stood up, looking at the clock ❝would you look at that, it's time to go, you need to go to school❞